IT Field Technician | F15110S
Freedom Staffing Washington, DC
- Expired: 26 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IT Field Service Technician
*Must have and Active Secret Clearance
The main function of a field service technician is installs, maintains and repairs products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at the client and/or field locations. Instructs customers in equipment operation, provides technical assistance, performs preventative maintenance, troubleshoots equipment for malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time.
• Installs, upgrades and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change.
• Assembles, installs and configures systems and equipment in accordance with site assessments and schematics.
• Completes system programming and optimization as part of the installation process.
• Completes final commissioning and integrated acceptance testing of electrical systems and associated equipment.
• Performs routine system maintenance and analysis functions, including hardware configurations and adding, removing and replacing equipment components.
• Travels frequently to customer sites in performance of duties.
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
• Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, by recording and analyzing test data.
• Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in conformance with specifications.
• Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Strong knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
• Strong knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)-Required
- 2-4 years customer service or related experience- Required.
Certifications-One of the following is required:
- CompTIA A+CE
- CompTIA Network +CE
- CompTIA Security +CE
We are looking for talented individuals who want to grow in their capabilities while offering their skills. We are a dynamic group of highly innovative and effective IT professionals. We hope you will join us as we work together to serve in the best ways we know how.
Freedom StaffingWhy Work Here?
A supportive team of highly talented professionals looking to grow, connect and advance organizations around the world.
Freedom Staffing believes it is all about our people and those we serve. We want our teams to enjoy their work and feel a sense of purpose. Our teams work to provide excellence in delivering IT solutions and strategies that advance the goals of the most sophisticated systems and organizations. We are looking for talented individuals who want to grow in their capabilities while offering their skills. We are a dynamic group of highly innovative and effective IT professionals. We hope you will join us as we work together to serve in the best ways we know how.
1000 Navy Pentagon WashingtonWashington, DC
EngineeringView all jobs at Freedom Staffing