- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
US Operations Manager
Hours: Full Time
Compensation: Experience based with benefits for Full Time Employee
Location: 136 E. Main St. Midway, KY 40347
Freedman’s is unlike any other, we don’t just sell products, we foster a tradition of quality craftsmanship with the finest materials and a commitment to excellence that dates back six generations in the equestrian world. Our US Operations Manager leads the operation thru this lens and creates an environment that delivers unforgettable customer service and top-notch sales.
As the US Operations Manager, you’ll lead and oversee all aspects of our operation from head to tail. From hiring & training knowledgeable associates to executing on strategic merchandising initiatives, you’ll set the standard of success. As well as being at the forefront of your store overseeing all operations from sales thru warehousing, strong relations with several key departments in the home office are essential as you lead purchasing decisions based on marketing and sales goals. You’ll communicate effectively with the team to maximize store performance and overall customer satisfaction. That could mean some on-the-spot training for the team or a visual merchandising refresh. Speaking of which, you’ll make sure that, at all times, your store looks and feels like a great place to shop and an enjoyable place to work too.
A level head and a calm, focused manner are essential in leading the team. And no matter how busy it gets, you’re always focused on getting the team to work hard, work together and exceed sales targets. That’s the challenge as well as the reward.
· Lead and manage all day-to-day operations in the retail and warehouse from head to tail
· Manage hiring and training of employees
· Work closely with Toronto based management team
· Follow and execute on marketing and sales budgets
· Assist head office team with forecasting, purchasing, analytics and trends
· Manage inventory and warehousing
· Travel to core industry events throughout the year to assist with our pop-up displays
· Leads physical scanning, packing and moving of product for Pop-up horse shows and other events according to Merchandising Plan
· Retail & Warehouse maintenance
· Ensure that all merchandise and product received at the store is processed in accordance with established programs and procedures and that the department area is organized and maintained.
· Perform and oversee daily shipping duties efficiently and effectively with close attention to detail to ensure that ordered are properly picked, packed and shipped and arrive on time.
· Processes incoming deliveries as instructed with strict adherence to proper counting, barcoding, shelving and stocking procedures.
· Quality Control of inbound products received with reporting to head office
· Operates POS program to complete daily inventory paperwork.
· Participates in cycle counts; carefully operates electronic Inventory counters to record data in POS program for adjustments/transfers.
· Stays familiar with all current and new products and their marketing plans to ensure that there is stock to support the plans.
· Runs daily report at end of workday and pulls merchandise to re-stock Boutique.
· Maintains excellence in providing clear, timely and polite information to clients regarding shipments, damages and re-orders, etc.
· Banking responsibilities include- cash and check deposits, ensuring proper petty cash is on hand and that petty cash log is correct and up to date.
· Picks up store supplies, make local delivers and other essential store tasks, as needed.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and achieve deadlines.
· Experience working in fast paced environments where attention to detail is key.
· Ability to adapt to change and accept responsibility
Prior shipping/receiving experience preferred
Warehouse experience preferred
Prior retail experience preferred
Management experience required
Equestrian industry experience required- minimum 5 years
Thorough understanding of the horse industry
High level of organizational skills and ability to follow directions
Must be able to physically maneuver and handle racks and carts of merchandise
Standing and walking for long periods of time and climbing ladders
Lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required
High School Diploma
Excellent communication skills
Excellent Interpersonal skills
Proficient at multi-tasking
Ability to complete projects, stay organized and have fun at the same time!
Excel, Word, Outlook, Inventory software preferred, Shopify experience a plus!
Please include resume with cover letter detailing your equestrian experience in the industry.
Building on a tradition that dates back so far isn’t an easy thing to do. Many challenges have been faced as customers have tasked us to solve a multitude of equine related equipment problems. Developing products, along with our passion for the show horse industry, has guided our family’s lineage of excellence in craftsmanship forward with determination and tradition in every stitch as we expand our product lines with all types of leather equipment as well as into fashion and everyday wear.
136 E Main StreetMidway, KY
Get fresh Compensation and Benefits Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.