Supplier Quality Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- $120,000 to $143,000 Yearly
FreeWire Technologies believes in electrification beyond the electrical grid; a world where everyone has access to electric vehicle (EV) fast charging when and where they need it. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide ultrafast charging for EVs and clean, affordable, resilient power alternatives for site hosts. If you are driven to learn and grow and seeking a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make change in the transportation and energy market, now is the time to join a team that is revolutionizing how power is delivered and utilized.
At FreeWire, we are fundamentally changing the way energy is distributed to electric vehicles and we are continuing to evolve with a full suite of decentralized energy services accelerating sustainable electrification. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors and customers from Fortune 100 companies including leading corporate, utility, retail, and fleet operators. To meet our ambitious goals, we are growing rapidly and looking for people who want to make an impact and are willing to challenge the status quo. If you are resilient, think outside the box, and like finding solutions to tough problems, please apply to join our amazing team of innovators, enthusiasts, and change-makers.
Supplier Quality Engineer
The Supplier Quality Engineer position is a high-performance role that will have significant visibility both within and outside the organization. This role will require technical expertise, passion, and interpersonal skills to collaborate and influence outcomes, work through complexity in a fast-paced environment, and establish credibility with peers and senior management.
● Support the development, verification and manufacture of products using Advanced Production Quality Planning (APQP) and Continuous Improvement
● Lead the supplier onboarding activities that include audit, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and follow-up with cross-functional teams to effectively establish an Approved Vendors List (AVL). Assess supplier qualifications including training and certifications
● Develop and manage suppliers by utilizing LEAN methodologies, supplier scorecards and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
● Coordinate with suppliers on implementing the best practices for manufacturing, quality and engineering, delivering on time and reducing waste
● Develop positive relationships and work closely with the Supply Chain Team to manage, implement and track supplier/engineering, design changes, capacity studies and New Product Introductions, and transfers
● Deliver results as measured by key metrics, such as supplier OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), OTD (On Time Delivery), DPPM (defective parts per million), SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request), and VA/VE (Value Added / Value Engineered) improvements
● Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with suppliers and the supply chain regarding product development and procurement of parts
● Understand risk and risk management as an essential part of the quality engineering work scope
● Review, identify, implement and maintain Supplier Quality flow-down requirements and serve as the Voice of the Customer for all Supplier quality-related activities including root cause corrective action
● First Article Inspection development and implementation
● Plan, organize, direct, and report all activities and matters relating to supplier performance
● Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality
● Perform root cause analysis, coordinate and conduct specialized testing and measurement, and resolve problems
● Develop and manage quality metrics using data visualization tools to report and provide information with recommendations for improvements and reduction of Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ)
● Applies project management and/or systems engineering tools to complete complex tasks
● Bachelor's Degree in the Engineering field (Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical or Mechanical related field preferred) or greater
● Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer
● Proven experience in developing suppliers or launching products
● Strong sense of customer service with high attention to detail
● Self starter; seeks opportunities to improve processes, part quality, and overall efficiency
● Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
● Knowledge of 5S, Kaizen Methodologies and Lean Manufacturing
● EV product and process control – planning processes, material control, acceptance sampling, and measurement systems. Expert in the Sheet Metal and Electronics industries
● A fundamental understanding of quality methodologies (corrective action, root cause analysis), GD&T, customer satisfaction, and professional work ethics
● Ability to understand, interpret, and analyze processes and complex engineering drawings.
● 40% Travel may be required domestically and internationally
● Certified Quality Engineer Certificate preferred
● Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing and Green Belt certification preferred
● Experience with the requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- · Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- · Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- · Life Insurance
- · Unlimited PTO
- · Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.
ManufacturingView all jobs at FreeWire Technologies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?