- Expired: June 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for job assemblies and/or sub-assemblies according to verbal or written instructions, or by following drawings or diagrams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Mounts assembled components, such as integrated circuits, and connectors, on chassis panel.
- Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches, to assemblies.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating, and color-coding parts and assemblies.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Operator Proficiency Training Course and/or demonstrate Class III soldering skills
- Certified IPCs, J-STD-001
PERFORMANCE ATTRIBUTES & COMPETENCIES:
- Vision & Strategic Thinking: Clear vision for the possible...thinks ahead about outcomes.
- Energy: Exhibits strong desire to achieve success.
- Problem-Solver: Objectively and logically recognizes and solves problems.
Interpersonal & Teamwork
- Team Player: Reaches out to overcome walls; overcomes "we-they" relationships; approachable and earns respect for focus on "company" interests.
- Communication: Speaks confidently and effectively in one-on-one, team and public settings; writes clearly and concisely.
- Persuasive: Exhibits persuasiveness in change situations and effectively finds win-win solutions.
Personal & Intellectual
- Integrity: Sets example; doesn't ethically cut corners; earns trust and respect.
- Intelligence: A "quick study" demonstrates ability to absorb new information rapidly.
- Leading-Edge: Constantly looking for best practice benchmarks.
The applicant must be able to read, write, and understand English fluently. Qualified candidates should be able to speak effectively to customers about company products and how they perform. The applicant must possess the ability to write routine reports and correspondences.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Candidates must have a strong command of computer desktop tools such as MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) to assist in completing essential duties. Effectively demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Syteline experience is preferred but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the person is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The person must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Associate should be able to see, hear and understand speech, communicate, lift computer equipment, supplies and materials, use office equipment and computers. If requested by an applicant or employee, we may provide reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. We have the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the person is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is occasionally high.
FreeFlight Systems is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
7333 INTERSTATE 35 S RobinsonWaco, TX
ManufacturingView all jobs at FreeFlight Systems