FREE CHAPEL ORANGE COUNTY PRESCHOOL TEACHER
FULL-TIME & PART-TIME
SUMMARY: As a teacher for Free Chapel Preschool, you are being given an opportunity to make a difference in the lives and future of our students ages 2-5. It will be your responsibility to partner with parents and help develop their children socially, emotionally, physically, academically, and spiritually. A teacher with Free Chapel Preschool must be Christ-centered and have experience in facilitating and implementing a preschool curriculum.
REPORT: Reports directly to Free Chapel OC Preschool Director
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teachers of Free Chapel Preschool must comply with all standards specified for Teachers by Title XXII Social Services. This includes a health screening, live scan screening and staying current with all required immunizations.
- The student’s care, nurture, development and education are Free Chapel Preschool’s top priority.
- Promptness is required. Teachers are expected to arrive, check in, and be in their designated area by start time.
- Be prepared. Curriculum and crafts should be ready prior to the start of the school day
- Lesson plans for the following week should be ready for review by Friday afternoons.
- Supply Request forms should be filled out and turned into the Admin Assistant by Friday afternoons.
- Redirection of children is key. Teachers should make every effort to prevent misbehavior by intervening and redirecting children prior to the onset of misconduct. In the event a student needs some time to process their actions, time outs may be given according to guidelines set by the American Board of Pediatrics.
- Teachers will need to assist children in their social behavior skills. They should model kindness, respect, and civility at all times, and commend children when they excel.
- Injury. When a child has any type of injury no matter how small (marking from a bump or scrape) an “ouch report” needs to be properly filled out. Free Chapel Preschool will follow the CARE (Comfort, Apply treatment as needed, Report and Encourage).
- VIP Treatment for our new students and families. Teachers should make parents feel confident and secure in their decision to entrust their child to our care.
- Parent communication is a significant part of the role as a teacher. All communication needs to be delivered with a positive filter. If there is a concern with the social or academic development of a student, it should be brought to the Director’s attention.
- Teachers must be prepared for Parent Conferences and deliver all information in a positive and encouraging manner.
- Teachers will be expected to attend a weekly team devotion time.
- Teachers need to attend and participate in all team staff meetings and workshops.
- There will be some evening events for our preschool families throughout the year and teachers will be expected to attend as scheduled.
- Teachers must keep the children attentive and calm during fire and emergency drills.
- Classroom management skills are imperative for a calm, learning environment. Implement techniques introduced and taught during Orientation and workshops.
- Educational requirements as mandated by California State licensing
- Must meet state specific guidelines for the role
- Must possess active Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or meet CA candidacy requirements (see https://www.preschoolteacher.org/california/)
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (preferred)
- 2-3 years Early Childhood Education Experience (preferred)
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
- Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and be able to work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- An intimate and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as evidenced by the daily habits of spending time with Him and His Word, active involvement in the leadership of our church, and a commitment to maintaining healthy, accountability relationships with mature Christians.
- Fosters a “can do” attitude that combines initiative, a sense of urgency and a commitment to results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter, motivated, goal driven
- Flexible, creative, independent, accountable
WAGES & BENEFITS
- $14.00 - $18.50 per hour
- Fully Paid Top-Tier PPO Health Insurance (Full-Time Only)
- Dental Insurance (Full-Time Only)
- Vision Discount (Full-Time Only)
- Group Term Life (Full-Time Only)
- Short-Term Disability (Full-Time Only)
- Long-Term Disability (Full-Time Only)
- 401(k) Retirement (Full-Time Only & after one year of service)
- Paid Vacation (Full-Time Only & after one year of service)
- Paid Personal/Sick Time Off (Full-Time Only)
- Paid Holidays (Full-Time Only)