Preschool Assistant Director
Free Chapel Irvine, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FREE CHAPEL ORANGE COUNTY PRESCHOOL ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
SUMMARY: The Preschool Assistant Director will be given an opportunity to make a difference in the lives and future of our children ages 2-5. The primary role is to assist the Director as needed. Also, it will be the responsibility of the Assistant to partner with parents and together help develop their child socially, emotionally, physically, academically, and spiritually. The Assistant with Free Chapel Preschool must be Christ-centered and experienced in organization and assisting in the management of a school environment.
REPORT: Reports directly to Free Chapel OC Preschool Director
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Assistant Director of Free Chapel Preschool must comply with all standards specified by Title XXII Social Services. This includes a health screening, live scan screening and staying current with all required immunizations.
- Our students care, nurture, development and education are Free Chapel Preschool’s top priority.
- Promptness is required. The Assistant is expected to arrive, check in and be in their designated area by start time.
- Be prepared. Ensure that the school is ready prior to the day starting.
- School attendance, enrollment process, tuition management, teacher records, parent student records must be properly maintained.
- Confidentiality of student/parent/employee records must be maintained.
- Maintain supply request forms and ensure the school has the necessary supplies, food and equipment needed to operate.
- Check all phone messages and emails in the morning and reply as needed. Notify director of any pressing issue.
- Injury. When a child has any type of injury no matter how small (marking from a bump or scrape) an “ouch report” needs to be properly filled out. Free Chapel Preschool will follow the CARE (Comfort, Apply treatment as needed, Report and Encourage).
- VIP Treatment for our new students and families. The Assistant Director should make parents feel confident and secure in their decision to entrust their child to our care.
- Parent communication is a significant part of the role as the Assistant Director. All communication needs to be delivered with positive filter. If there is a concern with the social or academic development of a student, it should be brought to the Director’s attention.
- The Assistant Director will be expected to attend weekly team devotion time.
- The Assistant Director need to attend and participate in all team staff meetings and workshops.
- There will be some night events for our preschool families throughout the year and you will be expected to attend.
- The Assistant Director must keep the children attentive and calm during fire and emergency drills.
- The Assistant Director must be qualified to teach in the class room along with lead center in the absence of the director.
- The Assistant Director must have a minimum of 12 Core ECE units, 5 Admin units, CPR Certification and 5 years of verifiable classroom experience in the absence of a Bachelors or Masters degree.
· 12 Core units of Early Childhood Education Experience, 5 units of school administration and 5 years of classroom experience at a minimum.
· Pass a health screening, live scan screening (FBI & CPS) and current immunizations.
· 1-year data entry and customer service experience (preferred)
· CPR and First Aid Certification
· Must be physically able to use a computer with proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
· Ability to speak, read, and write English.
· PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
· An intimate and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as evidenced by daily habits of spending time with Him and His Word, active involvement in the leadership of our church, and a commitment to maintaining healthy accountability relationships with mature Christians.
· Fosters a “can do” attitude that combines initiative, a sense of urgency and a commitment to results.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly.
· Self-starter, motivated, goal driven
· Computer proficiency in MS Office and basic business software tools
· Flexibility, creativity, independence, accountability
· Valid Driver’s License
· Ability to work outdoors and engage in physical activity with children.
WAGES & BENEFITS
· $16.00 - $20.00 (40 hours or more per week required)
· Fully Paid Top-Tier PPO Family Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Discount
· Group Term Life
· Short-Term Disability
· Long-Term Disability
· 401(k) Retirement
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Personal/Sick Time Off
· Paid Holidays
Free ChapelWhy Work Here?
Global Ministry, Team Environment, Amazing Benifits
Free Chapel is a contemporary Christian church. With locations in Georgia, South Carolina and Southern California. We are passionate about reaching souls for Jesus Christ and everything we do is about Him. We are a local church with a global vision. Our focus is on being a dynamic church that reaches out to the lost and hurting in our community, our nation and the world with the love of Christ.
2777 McGaw AveIrvine, CA