Free Chapel Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $70,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
FREE CHAPEL ORANGE COUNTY CHILDREN’S PASTOR
SUMMARY: The primary responsibilities of the Children’s Pastor will be to provide leadership and oversight for the children’s / KidPak (K-5th Grade) ministry at Free Chapel Orange County. The Children’s Pastor will passionately lead a safe and effective ministry to kids and their families as well as raising up a team of volunteers. The Children’s Pastor will work to partner with parents and families in passing the faith to the next generation. The Children’s Pastor work closely with leadership in developing strategic discipleship for kids as they transition from children’s to youth ministry. This is an exempt position.
REPORT: Reports to the Free Chapel OC Administrative Pastor & Global Family Ministry Pastor
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with church leadership to coordinate all children’s ministry activities and programming in line with Free Chapel’s global mission and values.
- Be an active advocate for connecting with parents and equipping them to be the leader of their child’s spiritual development.
- Implement the global KidPak safety, vision, philosophy, and strategy for children’s ministry to ensure strategic discipleship for kids K-5th Grade.
- Manage and provide oversight for the administrative needs of children’s ministries.
- Oversee and execute with excellence KidPak services - including Sunday and children’s related outreaches and events such as Summer Extreme kids camp.
- Recruit, develop, equip, and supervise volunteer and volunteer leads to serve in the Children’s Ministry.
- Communicate and connect with parents of children to engage them in helping their kids find and follow Jesus.
- Seek opportunities to build bridges with and lead outreach to our community through children’s related ministries such as the Orange County Recuse Mission.
- Plan and/or participate in regular children’s ministry events including connection events for kids and families, conferences, and other events such as Christmas, Easter and Fall Festival to just name a few.
- Provide overall leadership and pastoral care for children, parents, and volunteer leaders.
- Manage with the Director of Finance the children’s ministry budget.
- Process and ensure background checks are submitted and completed for all volunteers before serving.
- Develop leadership programs for kids to begin working and serving as leaders in children’s ministries.
- Copy and paste this link https://vimeo.com/user11267879 to see what Free Chapel KidPak is all about!
- At least two years of Children’s ministry experience required.
- BS from an accredited College or University and/or a Biblical Studies Certificate Training Program from a Christ centered credible ministry.
- Preferred degree or certificate in pastoral leadership or children ministry leadership.
- Must be physically able to use a computer with proficiency, lift a minimum of 30 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Complete a live scan background screening and be current with all required immunizations.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability and willingness for minimal travel.
- Be a model for those who attend Free Chapel by being an example of personal integrity, discipleship, and evangelism.
- A proven project manager with strong attention to details and administrative skills.
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire organization.
- Have a passion to reach kids who do not know Christ by being relevant and providing a great space for them to connect with other kids and leaders.
- Have an intimate and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as evidenced by daily habits of spending time with Him and His Word, active involvement in the leadership of our church, and a commitment to maintaining healthy accountability relationships with mature Christians.
- Fosters a “can do” attitude that combines initiative, a sense of urgency and a commitment to results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly at a leadership level.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Self-starter, motivated, goal driven.
- Proven ability to organize and manage many tasks.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and basic business software tools.
- Flexibility, creativity, independence, accountability.
- A strong communicator who listens well.
WAGES & BENEFITS
- $55,000 - $70,000 Annual Salary
- Fully Paid Family Top-Tier PPO Health Insurance
- Family Dental Insurance
- Family Vision Discount
- Group Term Life
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement (After one year of service)
- Paid Vacation (After one year of service)
- Paid Personal/Sick Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Free Chapel Preschool Enrollment Discount
- Relocation expenses negotiable
Free ChapelWhy Work Here?
Global Ministry, Team Environment, Amazing Benefits
Free Chapel is a contemporary Christian church. With locations in Georgia, South Carolina and Southern California. We are passionate about reaching souls for Jesus Christ and everything we do is about Him. We are a local church with a global vision. Our focus is on being a dynamic church that reaches out to the lost and hurting in our community, our nation and the world with the love of Christ.
2777 McGaw AveLos Angeles, CA