We are an extremely busy, fast-paced Cardiology practice looking to hire an experienced medical assistant. Our ideal candidate has the following qualities:
· Highly motivated, self-starter who can work efficiently and independently with close attention to detail.
· Punctual, dependable and well organized and able to follow-through with responsibilities.
· Positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
· Able to multi-task and prioritize office duties to meet deadlines in a positive and professional manner.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties as needed, including but not limited to reception, greeting patients, scheduling, telephones, data input, verification of information, chart maintenance and office protocols.
- Provides scheduling services for patients with regards to lab work, x-rays and referrals to other physicians.
- Telephone calls to/from patients, physicians, pharmacy and others, documents and relays information to physician.
- Assists the physician in maintaining efficient patient flow within the office, providing an excellent patient experience.
- Prepares, cleans and restocks exam rooms.
- Takes patient’s vital signs.
- Performs EKGs.
- Performs pro-time/cholestech finger sticks.
- Performs pacemaker checks.
- Prepares patient charts and reviews for completeness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Consistently complies with office protocols and procedures.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Previous medical assistant experience required.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
- Prior experience performing EKGs.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Mature individual who is professional and dependable.
- Team oriented, attention to detail and excellent customer service.
- Knowledgeable in HIPAA compliance and regulations.
- Non-smoking on premises.
Full time: Monday thru Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm
Office Location: 92nd Street and Shea Blvd.
- Salaried Position
- Health Insurance or monthly compensation
- Paid Time Off (13 days per year)
- Paid Holidays (11 days per year)
- Simple Pension Plan
Frederick S. Simonie, M.D. P.C.