- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Counselor
Location: Fred G. Acosta Job Corps Center, Tucson, AZ
Reports To: Counseling Supervisor
The Career Counselor position provides support for the Job Corps program which is a federally-funded residential training program. The mission of Job Corps is to provide career-ready technical and academic training and job placement assistance to program eligible youth ages 16-24. Our dynamic counseling team is looking for your enthusiasm and talents to round out our Career Counseling department.The Career Counselor is responsible for planning, coordinating, developing and implementing a professional, personal, social development and career counseling program for assigned students
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Provides career counseling services to students in accordance with Center plan.
- Provides ongoing structured, scheduled and documented individual career counseling sessions, which may be scheduled as part of a student’s career development activity.
- Provides individual and group counseling sessions. Communicates progress information to student’s family and aids in solving problems related to transition and adjustment to Job Corps.
- Provides crisis counseling, including pregnancy counseling. Discusses sexual harassment and fraternization policy with students and counsels behavior as needed. Provides prompt resolution of any student’s issues or difficulties. Maintains an awareness and sensitivity to diversity. Develops Personal Career Development Plan (PCDP) with students and outline actions necessary to rectify any barriers to placement.
- Provides structured, scheduled, and documented individual social development and adjustment counseling. Develops counseling plan to address students’ negative behaviors and a plan to reward positive behavior. Develops system to share information with other staff, departments, and community resources in accordance with PRH as needed to ensure the coordinated delivery of services to students.
- Identifies student’s personal and academic issues so that the appropriate support can be provided.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to Company when requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 15 semester hours of instruction in Social Services related area.
- One year’s experience in counseling related services.
- Valid state driver’s license
- CPR/First Aid certifications
Equal Opportunity Statement Human Learning Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws.
Fred G Acosta Job Corps Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Fred G Acosta Job Corps Center