Wellness Center Program Specialist
EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Wellness Center Program Specialist/Receptionist (PS) is responsible for overall facilitation of administrative office support (data entry, generating reports, answering phones, etc.) to the Rising Harte Wellness Center, which includes support for staff from Native American Health Center (NAHC), Fred Finch Youth Center (FFYC), and the co-located Center for Early Intervention with Deafness (CEID). The PS will work as part of a team of health providers who work to improve the physical and behavioral health of users of the wellness center. Additionally, the Wellness Center Program Specialist provides pleasant, supportive and professional services to staff, participants, and guests.
****Clickherefor complete Job Description****
1. B.A. Degree (or year for year related administration experience in lieu of degree).
2. Two (2) or more years of general administrative, clerical, and customer service experience.
3. Demonstrated computer and keyboarding competence with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
4. Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
5. Work well under pressure, meet multiple and often competing deadlines
6. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
7. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to relate to parents, youth (all ages), school district or county agency personnel, and staff.
9. Performs well under pressure, meet multiple and often competing deadlines.
10. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and produce high quality and accurate work.
11. Demonstrated cultural responsiveness in working with diverse families and communities.
12. Clean driving record; current CA Driver's License or ability to obtain within 10 days after hired.
13. Must have access to dependable transportation and personal car insurance.
1.Demonstrated experience and competence using an electronic
2.Fluency (verbal and written) in prevailing language(s) of the community.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment usually quiet and pace varies greatly dependent on the time of day, week, and business needs. The work environment is, at all times, within safe maintained California Division of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (CAL/OSHA) standards.
1.Communicates clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with co-workers, supervisors, and youth.
2.Must be able to comprehend, follow, and clearly convey instructions to others.
3.Must be computer proficient and be able to work on a computer for up to 30 hours per week.
1.Must be able to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
2.Must be to or manipulate tools,
3.Must be to for products, store and file boxes on
4.Must be to push, pull, lift carry much 25 lbs.
5.Must be havethe abilityandskill to driveavehicle.
6.Must be to sit down up frequentlyday.
LocationFFYC - Oakland
About the OrganizationBased in Oakland, California, Fred Finch Youth Center works with young people facing multiple challenges, including homelessness, economic disadvantage, mental health and cognitive disabilities, and histories of significant trauma and loss. Many have experienced abuse; live at or below the poverty line; are growing up in foster care, and are seeking to make their way in the world as independent, strong young adults. Despite their circumstances, these young people possess numerous strengths including tenacity, kindness, and the ability to strive for a brighter future. Committed to the notion that no one is without hope, no matter how desperate their circumstances may appear, Fred Finch staff helps each person we serve find and build upon their strengths so they may reach their potential and lead meaningful, fulfilling lives.Founded in 1891 as an orphanage, today's Fred Finch Youth Center operates 24 programs in California including mental health, housing, education, and independent living services, providing a pathway to healing and self-sufficiency. Our 127-year history and strong track record have made Fred Finch Youth Center a recognized leader in the treatment of children and families.
FFYC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer who does not discriminate and follows all regulations under the Act as well as all the regulations under California's Fair Employment and Housing Act.
Fred Finch Youth Center partners with contracted providers to provide mental health services to residents of the following counties:
* Alameda County * Contra Costa County * Fresno County * Los Angeles County * Merced County * Napa County * Orange County *Placer County * Sacramento County * San Diego County * San Mateo County * Santa Clara County
This position is currently accepting applications.