- Expired: September 06, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fraym is mapping humanity to help governments, organizations, and companies solve some of the most pressing challenges of our time: inequity and insecurity, climate vulnerability, public health, access to critical services, and more. To us, mapping humanity is as much about cutting-edge tech as it is about the people that live in the places we illuminate. We believe community-level data is a critical requirement for bringing about positive change.
Summary of Position
Fraym is seeking a data architect to support data management and enable data science workflows at scale. Your contributions will support decisions in emerging markets across commercial, international development, and intelligence sectors.
You will be part of a team responsible for implementing Fraym's data management strategy and will play a critical role in scaling our existing solutions. In addition to implementing core data infrastructure components and managing cloud resources, you will be responsible for leading Fraym's future data architecture.
You should have a strong background in data modeling and experience building and maintaining cloud-based data systems and applications. We are looking for someone who can design and manage creative solutions to managing diverse and disparate data. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in cloud security and infrastructure as code.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designing and building upon existing AWS-based data management systems that integrate household surveys, satellite imagery, and other spatial data
- Managing data environments for developing and testing data pipelines and machine learning experiments
- Leading project teams of data scientists to outline data requirements for tools that simplify internal data discovery and analysis
- Providing support for cloud processes and standards across the company
- Mentoring team members in technical areas of expertise, including data architecture and cloud infrastructure
- Collaborating with business development and client-facing teams to expand external data delivery options
You will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Interest in or passionate about Fraym's mission
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- At least 2 years of data architecture and/or data engineering work; preference will be given to applicants with practical experience building and maintaining cloud-based data management systems
- Essential skills: Experience with cloud computing environments (particularly AWS), database management, containerization, and Python
- Experience or ability to collaborate within a distributed team and communicate effectively with colleagues of different technical backgrounds
- Ability to develop skills quickly, learn new tools, and solve problems independently.
- Bonus Points for experience working with infrastructure as code (especially Terraform), cloud security best practices, permissions management, and orchestration tools
We will be reviewing applications for this position beginning Mid-September
- Competitive, market-based salary commensurate with experience, including base salary and annual performance bonus
- Professional development and learning opportunities
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, including other ancillary benefits
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program
- Health & Wellness stipend for self-care
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- We are committed to fostering a positive work-life balance culture
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch & learns and team outings
- We are a "Growth Culture" that provides opportunities for career advancement and professional development in a fast-growing company
Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply. We have a learning culture, and if this job description sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Get fresh Manager Data Governance jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.