- Posted: over a month ago
OPERATIONS MANAGER (EXEMPT)
Franklin Sports, Inc. is a leading global sporting goods brand with an extremely rich history and reputation within the industry. Over the years, Franklin Sports has developed and maintained strong partnerships with Major League Baseball, the National Hockey League, the National Football League and Major League Soccer that bring energy, strength, and uniqueness to our products. We understand consumer needs and offer the strongest value by manufacturing products to all levels of sports participants from some of the most well-known professional baseball players to those who are active in the youth sports community. We got our start in 1946 and Franklin Sports is still a family owned and operated company to this day.
We are looking to hire an Operations Manager at our 500,000 square foot Memphis, TN Distribution Center. This role is responsible for oversight and leadership of multiple aspects of the order fulfillment and receiving processes. This position manages and coordinates the timely processing of outbound orders and receipt to inventory to ensure customer deadlines are achieved.
We are looking for a proactive candidate, with previous management experience in a large retail big box warehouse environment to drive and implement change and to ensure order fulfillment accuracy and timeliness.
The position is located at our Memphis, TN distribution center and will report to the Warehouse Outbound Manager.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to a diverse team of 30+ Franklin Sports employees and temporary associates, including Supervisors, Team Leads and warehouse associates performing jobs related to order processing, product receipt, and storage
- Delivers consistent communication, continuous training, and monitors daily activities of distribution employees
- Drives enhancements of various team functions and order picking strategies to optimize workflow, space utilization, and labor productivity
- Promotes and maintains a safe and productive work environment for all employees
- Interfaces cross functionally on a daily basis with all departments to ensure strong relationships and to build partnerships across the organization
- Promotes an environment of continuous improvement that ensures a high level of quality is maintained, resulting in superior service levels to all customers
- Develops and evaluates performance of warehouse staff through various measures, including the annual performance review and goal setting processes
- Manages the efforts of the staff regarding the efficient performance of their job functions
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours, as required
- Handles special projects and other requests, as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or similar strongly preferred, High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of five (5) years warehouse and direct supervisory/leadership experience
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, best practices, and procedures
- Prior experience with Warehouse Management Systems required
- Certificate of proficiency or license in the operation and maintenance of standard industrial forklift equipment
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and training skills
- Demonstrated commitment to and proficiency in warehouse management
- Strong organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency with computers and the use of network-based programs
- Ability to work well under pressure
Level of Responsibility:
Directly manages a diverse team of non-exempt warehouse associates across multiple shifts, to a common goal of delivering top tier results to our end customers.
This position does supervise employees.
Join the #FranklinFamily
If you are interested in joining the #FranklinFamily, please apply. We also want to share with you our benefits at a glance:
- Employee Discounts
- After 30 Days Waiting Period:
- 20 days PTO program upon hire, 10 Paid Holidays (prorated)
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company Paid AD&D and Life Insurance (3 times Base Salary maxed at $500,000)
- Company Paid Short and Long-Term disability plans
- Flexible Spending with $570 Carry Over and Dependent Care Account Plans
- 401K with immediate participation and a 1% match after 3 months of employment, a safe harbor match of 3% and a profit-sharing 401(K) match of up to 1% after a full calendar year of employment.
- Participation in the annual bonus plan
- Employee Life Assistance Plan and Identity Theft Protection Support
- Tuition Reimbursement
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit/stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. Required to operate and/or ride on material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work will be performed in a warehouse environment with exposure to changing temperatures. While performing the duties of this job, this person is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BusinessView all jobs at Franklin Sports
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?