Provides psych diagnostic assessments, diagnosis, and treatment, as well as discharge planning to and consultation about patients and families to assist them and the health care team in coping with patient's hospitalization, illness, diagnosis, treatment, and/or life situation, including emotional, mental, and substance abuse disorders.
- Education and training includes completion of Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor from an accredited program.
- Holds valid state license.
- Three (3) years of primary care experience in a clinic setting preferred.
- Insurable for Professional Liability.
- Provide psychosocial assessments of patients and families to identify emotional, social, and environmental strengths and problems related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation.
- Formulate, develop, and implement a comprehensive treatment plan utilizing appropriate clinical social work treatments and interventions. Interventions may include crisis intervention, brief and long-term individual, marital, family and/or group therapies.
- Assist with screening, identification, diagnosis, management and treatment of homeless, those in nursing homes, and home bound patients. Provide training to other health care professionals in same.
- Provide consultative services to health care team members within scope of care as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact on patient care, e.g., advance directives, child and elder abuse, etc.
- Provide education to patients and families around issues related to adaptation to the patient's diagnosis, illness, treatment and/or life situation.
- Arrange, procure, and coordinate patient/family pre and post hospital needs.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary health care teams and provide leadership in representing clinical social work perspective/liaison with patient and family.
- Maintain working knowledge of and liaison with community agencies and resources.
- Maintain confidentiality around patient and family information.
- Maintain records and statistics as directed.
- Attend and participate in staff, committee, department, and other administrative meetings.
- Participate in hospital continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Participate in regular supervisory conferences, keep current with health care developments and seek to increase further enhancement of job related knowledge.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary position. Occasional prolonged standing and walking. High level of stress. Visual and hearing acuity as well as cognitive function to make observations and communicate these to other staff
- Ability to tolerate high levels of stress. Ability to get along with fellow employees on basis of fair and impartial treatment.