Franklin Energy Bromley, KY
- Expired: March 28, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
***Signing Bonus of $1,000***
As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
An HVAC Qualifier will be required to hold an HVAC Master Contractor license along with a Journeymen license in the city, state and/or jurisdiction in which the individual is to represent the Company. The HVAC Qualifier shall always remain eligible to renew the license within the allotted time of the licensing cycle. This position is responsible for the correctness and quality of the company’s electrical installations connected to the HVAC equipment provided by our employees to the customers of the represented utility. The individual will also be responsible for ensuring all local operation requirements and trade code compliance are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Knowledgeable of the theory of operation of customer equipment and theory of operation and installation methods of the demand response devices, in the project to which he or she is assigned
- Perform all required duties as directed to inspect any company installed energy efficient equipment and products
- Inspect company installed demand response and other equipment according to safe and proper procedures, take pictures of equipment, and accurately complete inspection form
- Assist other managers in day-to-day operations management of the assigned project
- Daily travel to pre-scheduled appointments - required to schedule own appointments in an efficient and timely manner
- Assume responsibility of compliance of all electrical installations connected to HVAC equipment made by employees
- Spearhead efforts of service to any HVAC system that meets approval from management for repair or service
- Ensure the meeting of company quality standards
- Promote the energy efficiency program to the customer
- Work with building owners and property managers to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance in participating in energy efficiency programs if any opportunities arise
- Maintain and raise customer approval of said utility and its programs
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program’s strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
- Work in a team atmosphere to collaborate and continuously improve operations year after year
- Occasional weekend travel to a job site to accommodate a customer’s need may be required
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required
Minimum experience to be eligible for licensing at the Master/Unlimited/Non-Restricted contractor level
Electrical and technical aptitude required
Experience in HVAC equipment installations and repairs, manual labor and using industry specific tools
Background preferred in one or more of the following: - Preferred
Weatherization or related fields
HVAC, lighting, controls or renewable energy
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Strong customer service and communication skills
Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages ratios
Strong knowledge of State Mechanical Code of the current cycle as adopted by the state, city, or jurisdiction assigned
Strong understanding of adaptability of company installed products as to suitability of environments
Ability to interpret code sections as to understand the intent of the code sections
Basic ability to read and interpret blueprints
Ability to lead, train, mentor, and supervise employees working under the individual’s license
Committed to diversity and inclusion
Licenses & Certifications
Valid driver’s license
HVAC Master/Contractor license with Journeymen license in state(s), cities, and jurisdictions which apply to the location of local employment
Willingness to travel up to 50%, including occasional overnight travel
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Noise Level is typically moderate
Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential electrical shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment Type: Full Time
ConstructionView all jobs at Franklin Energy