Senior Software Test Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
Responsible for identifying software requirements and design, validation, verification, and compatibility for manufacturing calibration and testing of Franklin Electric products.
- Designs & Develops concepts and architecture for new software for new or existing test fixtures as required.
- Analyzes testing requirements and translates them to design and development of new product test equipment & software.
- Manages development projects for new and existing product calibration and testing fixtures.
- Supports manufacturing by introducing production processes and revising manufacturing processes for cost savings.
- Manages existing testing software improvement projects.
- Assists with process instructions as they pertain to test applications. Trains employees on the process instructions.
- Improves product workflow and efficiency.
- Hosts software design reviews and code reviews.
- Researches and recommends software tools to management.
- Designs, codes, and debugs applications in various software languages.
- Tests and maintains software implemented in company product lines.
- Writes and tests protocols and design verification testing for company product test fixtures Conducts unit testing. Resolves issues as they arise from testing.
- Maintains existing test software written in Perl.- Requires knowledge of or ability to learn Perl
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Capable of multi-tasking on a regular basis.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Possesses expert knowledge in C/C++.
- Understands networking, computer concepts, and implementation of a Linux-embedded operating system.
- Uses software configuration management and defect management tools.
- High level of knowledge and ability to predict physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and their applications to understand fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics; understands mechanical and electrical structures and processes.
- Manages large and complex development projects. Demonstrates a track record of successful projects.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, facts, or information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Desired working knowledge of writing Perl and OO-Perl code.(or ability to learn Perl)
- Knowledge of Python, National Instrument Test Stand and Lab View.
- Ability to read, understand and modify other programming languages, as necessary.
- Experience interfacing via RS-232, RS-485 and other standard protocols
- Experience with DMM’s, programmable power supplies, oscilloscopes and other test equipment.
- Experience with writing code for embedded micro processors and controllers.
- Experience working with relational databases for collecting, analyzing and harvesting data as necessary (MYSQL)
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses complex and noncomplex machines and equipment.
- Understand how to apply and maintain process and equipment safety and safeguards.
- Follows and understands safety practices in a manufacturing environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field (required).
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field (preferred).
- Five to ten years of relevant experience (required).
- Advanced: C/C++, embedded Linux. Perl, Python, NI Test Stand, Lab View.
- Intermediate: Alphanumeric data entry, spreadsheet, subversion.
- Basic: Word processing/typing.
TechnologyView all jobs at Franklin Electric
Get fresh Software Verification jobs daily straight to your inbox!