Prior experience as an assisted living caregiver and/or CNA certification is desirable but not required. Some of our best caregivers learned the work by taking care of family members or working in other types of personal service jobs.
YOU WILL THRIVE IN THIS JOB IF YOU:
- Have a passion for working with older adults
- Find fulfillment providing “hands-on” care
- Want a job with a lot of variety and opportunities to learn
- Aspire to excellence, not just “good enough”
- Assisting residents with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring and mobility (in memory care you also help with eating)
- Changing bed linens and towels
- Laundering and putting away residents’ clothing
- Engaging residents in meaningful conversations during care; encouraging and supporting them in self-care, socializing, and engaging in hobbies and structured community activities
- Assisting in the dining room during meals
- Completing scheduled rounds to monitor residents’ well-being
- Monitoring residents for changes in behavior or physical condition and reporting unusual symptoms, accidents, or incidents
- Assisting with housekeeping and sanitation: cleaning wheelchairs and other equipment according to schedule, assisting with vacuuming and dusting, etc.
Starting wage: is $10.50 per hour.
Franklin Park TPC Parkway is located at 21802 Encino Commons, 3 miles north of Loop 1604, just east of Hwy. 281. The new VIA transit station is just across the highway.
Franklin Park was selected as one of San Antonio’s Top Workplaces in 2014 and 2016. Learn more about us and apply online at www.franklinparkcareers.com