Nursing Director of Resident Services
Franklin Companies San Antonio, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Is responsible and accountable for resident care and services provided by non-licensed caregivers, medication technicians, and licensed nurses. Completes assessments and service plans and ensures that information is communicated to care staff as well as other departments. Manages relationships with contract health care providers such as pharmacy and rehabilitation agencies. Understands and actively promotes the principles of person-centered care.
Times: 8am – 5pm
Days: Monday – Friday, with Manager of Duty weekend rotation
Pay Rate: Commensurate with Experience
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts pre-admission screening of prospective new residents. Completes assessments upon move-in and every six (6) months thereafter and/or when there is a significant change in resident condition. Ensures that all required documentation is completed.
• Oversees development of service plan consistent with assessment. Reviews assessment and service plan with resident and/or resident’s responsible party/family.
• Explains care procedures and treatments to residents/families to gain cooperation and understanding. Reviews changes that impact fees and expenses.
• Develops schedules and assignment sheets for personal laundry, resident weights, cleaning of equipment, and other tasks.
• Schedules staff for proper coverage to meet resident needs and to conform to budget guidelines.
• Ensures delivery of personal care and health services to each resident consistent with his/her assessment and service plan. Monitors care and services for compliance with professionally recognized standards, federal, state, and local regulations, and company policy.
• Works cooperatively with other departments to ensure prompt and correct provision of housekeeping, special diets, and other ancillary services.
• Ensures that medical services scheduled to occur in-house—such as podiatry, mental health care, lab work, and hospice—are requested and take place.
• Interviews and selects new employees. Ensures that they receive mandated new employee orientation and training, including shadowing.
• Supervises staff and provides ongoing performance coaching. Conducts formal performance reviews according to company policy and procedure.
• Reviews time and attendance records promptly on payroll day, ensuring that PTO, hours worked and holiday pay are correct. Reviews/approves time off requests. Monitors attendance and punctuality and addresses problems promptly. Controls overtime and staffing agency expenses.
• Supervises and closely monitors management and administration of medications, including but not limited to:
• Works with RN delegator to train medication technicians; periodically observes their job performance and provides refresher training as needed
• Conducts frequent audits of MARS [medication administration records]
• Regularly inspects medication carts, cupboards and store rooms to ensure cleanliness, organization, proper labeling and security
• Supervises timely and accurate ordering of medication from pharmacy
• Regularly reviews capabilities of residents who self-administer medications
• Oversees medication destruction with pharmacy
• Monitors health and psycho-social status of all residents on an ongoing basis. Takes action to address concerns. Reports all significant changes, reactions to medications and treatment, or significant incidents to attending physician immediately.
• Communicates directly with families regarding changes in residents’ condition, need for supplies/equipment, organizational changes that might impact services, and other matters directly related to resident services.
• Responds promptly to all emergency calls from residents.
• Performs daily safety and infection control checks.
• Participates in quality improvement activities such as quality assurance surveys.
• Shares manager on duty and on-call duties as assigned.
• Participates in community functions including family meetings, special resident events and marketing initiatives
• Maintains relationships with professional organizations; stays abreast of changes in standards of care, regulations and in the local elder care community.
• Ensures appropriate handling of on-the-job injuries reported by employees.
• Encourages teamwork and promotes company values and policies.
• Becomes familiar with and understands the steps for emergency response, including evacuation. Conducts safety drills according to state-mandated schedule.
• All employees are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all community residents
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must possess a passion to work with and around older adults and their families
• Knowledgeable of person-centered care
• Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
• Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, residents, family members, and outside contacts
• Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc. Able to manage revenue and expense budget
• Remains current in basic CPR and first aid
• Knowledge of current Federal and State laws pertaining to assisted living and/or memory care communities
• ls prompt and able to perform the required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis
• Strong leadership skills, with ability to independently make sound, professional decisions
• Current nursing (RN/LPN/LVN) license in state where community is located
• Experience as a supervisor or manager in an elder care or health care environment; assisted living experience strongly preferred
• One to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prefer one year in a memory care setting
• Experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook software. Basic typing skills required
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
• Standing and/or walking up to 75% of the day; must be able to tour through the entire building, up to one mile, pushing a wheelchair
• Frequent interruptions
• Lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds
• Frequent kneeling, bending and reaching
• Close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Exposure to infectious diseases, chemical substances, unpleasant odors, etc. throughout the work day
AddressSan Antonio, TX
Personal CareView all jobs at Franklin Companies