STAFF ACCOUNTANT/ Bookkeeping
Frank Akef & Co. - Public Accounting Firm – Provides Taxation, Compilation, Consulting, Personal & Corporate Financial Planning, Estate & Trust Planning
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Reviews client prepared work papers and/or prepares work papers, financial statements, general ledgers for small to mid-size corporations
- Strong understanding of "hands-on" accounting (preparing bank reconciliations, journal entries, working with GL software, managing AP, AR, period closings, payroll, cash flow analysis, etc.)
- Review financial statements & comparisons utilizing QuickBooks/ Creative Solutions software on a monthly, quarterly and\or annual as prepared by internal or external staff
- Responsible for preparation and review on individual and business income tax returns. Firm uses Lacerte software
- Collaborate with staff assigned to the engagements as needed and follow-up on rudimentary questions regarding clients’ financial matters
- Under supervision, performs client requested research projects or training to achieve an accurate and efficient result
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of accounting tasks and tax knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prepare and present accurate and timely reports to management.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs such as MS Office-Excel, Creative Solutions, CFS Tax, Lacerte
- Knowledge of computerized accounting, but must be able to do a manual set of books
- Actively participate in continuing professional education as required by the department head
- Fundamental knowledge of corporate taxation, business taxes, property taxes, and payroll would be an advantage
- Ability to think quickly, work effectively and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently within all levels of an organization and its customers
- Must have worked at a CPA firm at least 2 years and is experienced with tax season
- MASTER in QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online
We are an accounting & business-management firm in Beverly Hills. Our client base is broad and diverse, including high-tech companies as well as not-for-profits, high net worth individuals, manufacturers, real-estate investors, entertainment companies, and family-owned businesses.
Salary based on experience and education. Medical and Pension benefits available after trial period.