Great day shift RN Leadership opportunity at Ollie Steele Burden Manor!
2 year's supervisory/charge in a long-term or acute care setting as a Registered Nurse Experience completing MDS assessments
Graduate of an accredited professional school with a Associate of Science in Nursing
Must possess exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills Must possess knowledge of computer systems: Microsoft Office modules
This position has the responsibility of supporting the mission of the nursing home which is to provide care to those most in need. Using the nursing process, completes admission assessments as required—including all, but not limited to: physical, skin, fall risk, continence on new admissions. Assist in completing nursing summary assessments, skin assessments, and MDS assessments on healthcare floors. Assist other nursing personnel in the administration of total resident care and serve on nursing unit as assigned by DON/ADON. This position supervises and coordinates the nursing units on a 12 hour basis.
- Insures that all floors are adequately staffed and accountable for staffing on team.
- Supervision of direct care staff to assure high level of care quality and resident/family satisfaction results.
- Make routine rounds on the nursing units, responding to emergency situations as needed and providing overall guidance & leadership to Team Leaders.
- Monitors notification of new orders, change in resident conditions, and documentation in electronic medical record.
- Administer IV’s; obtain blood samples and assist with other professional nursing procedures as may be required.
- Provide guidance and counseling in the resolution of issues/concerns with resident/family and/or other staff providing education and direction to direct care staff as needed (grievance process)
- Ensures that all medication rooms and carts are monitored for expired medication in compliance with state regulations
- Communicates with the Team Leader and audits health information records daily to assure that all discharge information/orders are up to date and ready for the resident to be discharged as scheduled.
- Monitor all accu-check logs, crash-carts, temporary logs, oxygen rooms, and bio-room for compliance per state regulations
- Communicates with families and physicians as needed.
- Assist DON/ADON with any other related duties as assigned: including but not limited to chart auditing and survey preparedness.
- In absence of administrator or DON, serves as the center leader for any and all urgent situations. Is designated leadership accountability and responsibility in absence of above staff.
- Participates in staff evaluation process of Team leaders and C.N.A.’s.
- Assist with the interview team for hiring new team members into their areas
- Completes disciplinary warnings (Performance Correction Notices) as required and provides education/direction to direct care staff as needed and forwards to the DON. Completes timely disciplinary actions involving staff supervised according to disciplinary policy.
- Encourages an "open door" policy with team to allow for two way feedback
- Keeps direct supervisor informed of departmental activities, needs, problems, and solutions.
- Maintains visibility in departments by spending at least 80% of time on the unit and consistent rounding
- Responsible for working with staffing coordinator to create and deploy work schedules and maintaining safe staffing levels.
- Accepts additional work as assigned by Director of Nursing
- Holds department team members accountable for adherence to policies/procedures
- Demonstrates commitment to community by participation in nursing home related service activities and after hours activities
- Actively seeks continuing education for further growth and development through participation in staff development programs, approved continuing education courses, and specialized skill training programs
- Attends all required mandatory educational sessions
- Operates department within monthly budget and assists the Director of Nursing with analyzing the monthly operating reports and generate action plans as appropriate
- Monitors for capital equipment needs and funnels requests to the Director of Nursing; assist in gather necessary supporting data
- Monitors daily staffing; assures that it is within budgeted targets and flexes according to census needs
- Monitors departmental charges to manage revenue so maximum reimbursement potential is realized