Position: Software Engineer
Position Location: Local preferred, virtual/remote considered for the right candidate.
Fracture HQ: Fracture, 13000 Tech City Circle, Alachua, FL 32615
(Our new digs in San Felasco Tech City located just ~15 minutes from downtown Gainesville, FL #GoGators. 1.5hrs from Jacksonville, FL, 2 hrs from Orlando, FL, and 2 hrs from Tampa, FL)
Relocation Assistance: Yes, for Continental USA candidates only.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $70,000
Work Eligibility: Must be eligible and authorized to legally work in the United States and does not now or in the near future require sponsorship.
*No Vendors or Agencies
What's the gig?
You will use technologies, languages, and frameworks like NodeJS, Express, React, Python, Docker, REST, and GraphQL to produce public and private APIs, e-commerce experiences, internal dashboards, and complex applications built as microservices and microfrontends.
Fracture has a unique combination of technology needs, from extensive API development and integration, to image manipulation and processing for print, from customer-facing web applications to internal administrative and fulfillment software. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining software within the current application ecosystem, migrating legacy applications to microservices, and building the necessary microfrontends and aggregate dashboards to support business and customer needs. Fracture works in an Agile (Scrum) environment, and you will need to be comfortable working with those concepts and methodologies.
What’s it take to be successful?
Some reasonable combination of the following:
- Basic experience with at least one front-end framework (React, Vue, etc)
- Intermediate experience with CMS Systems and E-Commerce platforms
- Intermediate skill level with API Development
- Intermediate experience with SQL
- Intermediate understanding of and experience with database concepts (indexing, normalization, schemas, etc), relational DB’s, non-relational DB’s, document DB’s, in-memory DB’s
- Intermediate understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (Polymorphism, Inheritance, Encapsulation, Classes, and Objects)
- Basic experience with at least one cloud hosting platform (AWS preferred)
- Basic experience with at least one Web Server (Nginx, Node, Apache)
- Intermediate experience with Test Driven Development and testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, etc)
- Intermediate experience with Version Control (Git preferred)
- Intermediate understanding of and experience with software architecture and design
- Basic understanding of and experience with:
- Microservices Architecture
- DevOps (Ansible, Cloudformation, Terraform, etc)
- Containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Build Packages (Grunt, Gulp, Webpack)
- CSS Frameworks (Bulma, Bootstrap)
Required to be considered for the position
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field, or 2+ years of experience in software development
Preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- 1+ years of experience with microservice development and deployment
- 1+ years of experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- 1+ years of experience with React, Vue, or Angular
Interested? Apply HERE to join our Team today!
Fracture, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/LBGTQ – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Talent Management Department.