Software Engineer II
- Expired: May 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Software Engineer II
Remote -or- Alachua, FL
Who is Fracture?
Fracture's mission is to help the world focus on moments that matter. Fracture glass prints allow you to print the photos you love, directly on glass and have them shipped directly to you! We are a carbon-neutral company that is always on the lookout for innovative ways to protect our planet from the impact of waste and disposable plastics. We have sold over one million glass prints to customers in 130 countries, but this is just the beginning
What sets Fracture apart as an employer is we believe every job is vital to the success of our company. If you're looking for a place where you can use your unique talents and skills to help build something that makes the world a little better, you'll find your place here at Fracture!
As a Software Engineer at Fracture, you will be part of a dedicated team working to integrate or create custom software from conception to release. You and your teammates will work to design creative and robust solutions to streamline processes that keep our organization efficient and allow for a better customer experience. Your passion for writing code, solving problems, designing solutions, and collaborating with other highly skilled individuals will allow you to achieve success in this fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Fracture Software Engineers are problem solvers. Software Engineer 2 will be required to use their knowledge, technical skills, and professionalism to produce and deliver high-quality software solutions to internal and external customers.
If you're a Software Engineer with around four years of software development experience who's fun, driven, and maybe a little quirky like us, hit us up and we'll see if you'd be a good fit!
What Will You Be Doing?
- Support, extend, and transform our Ecommerce applications.
- Overhaul and modernize the internally developed back-end printing, order management, and fulfillment applications using modern technologies and approaches.
- Mentor junior staff members directly or indirectly, leading by example.
- Think outside the box to suggest better approaches to software problems when necessary.
- Be team players and engage in all aspects of the Agile development process. Occasionally lead Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, or Sprint Demo sessions.
- Collaborate directly with end-users to gather/refine requirements or troubleshoot problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on the needs of the department, business, and organization and as communicated by management.
What Does It Take To Be Successful?
- Intermediate experience with at least one core back-end language (Node, Python, PHP, Java).
- Basic experience with at least one front-end language (React, Vue, etc).
- Intermediate experience with CMS Systems and E-Commerce platforms.
- Intermediate skill level with API Development.
- Intermediate experience with SQL.
- Intermediate understanding of and experience with database concepts (indexing, normalization, schemas, etc), relational DB's, non-relational DB's, document DB's, in-memory DB's.
- Intermediate understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (Polymorphism, Inheritance, Encapsulation, Classes, and Objects).
- Basic experience with at least one cloud hosting platform (AWS preferred).
- Basic experience with at least one Web Server (Nginx, Node, Apache).
- Intermediate experience with Test Driven Development and testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Chai).
- Intermediate experience with Version Control (Github, SVN, etc).
- Intermediate understanding of and experience with software architecture and design.
- Basic understanding of and experience with:
- Microservices Architecture
- DevOps (Ansible, Cloudformation, Terraform, etc)
- Containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Build Packages (Grunt, Gulp, Webpack)
- CSS Frameworks (Bulma, Bootstrap)
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication, business professional, interpersonal and organizational skills; including an excellent command of the English language.
- Excellent work ethic with a sense of initiative, urgency, attention to detail, organization, and time management/multi-tasking skills to deliver tasks on time; comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment. Including the ability to work independently, within a team and across teams.
- Have a learner mindset with a mentality and a desire to constantly learn more and sharpen existing knowledge and skills for continuous professional development and growth. Stepping outside the box to learn more.
- Delivering results. Consistently overcomes obstacles to meet goals. Anticipates problems, is proactive to minimize issues and initiates action to deal with problems as they arise.
- Adapting to change and leading change. Encourages others to accept change and gives them an understanding of the reason for the change. Highlights potential improvements in current systems, processes, and procedures.
- Emotional Intelligence. Is skillful in being able to identify, regulate, and recognize emotions both in oneself and others; including the ability to take constructive performance feedback for continued professional development.
- Team player, engagement, and building camaraderie. Is collaborative in approach and committed to the pursuit of team goals in a diverse collaborative work environment.
Requirements To Be Considered For This Position
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 3+ years of experience in software development
- Knowledge of and/or experience with microservice development and deployment
- Knowledge of and/or experience with React, Vue, or Angular
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Kubernetes and Docker
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- 401K with company matching up to 3%
- Generous pay time off (PTO) plan, 12 paid holidays, and even a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Employee no-cost health insurance, dental, and vision
- Additional 50% health insurance discount for employees plus one (spouse/family member)
- Available supplemental benefits including short-term disability, long-term disability, and more
- Substantial discount on Fracture products
- Great cultural and collaborative working environment!
Fracture provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
TechnologyView all jobs at Fracture