Littler Control Technician
Foxtrot Aviation Services is looking for dedicated, energetic, quality and safety focused individuals to join our ever-growing family!
This is a night shift position. Applicants are asked to have open and flexible availability including weekends and some holidays. Full-Time Shifts are available!
Foxtrot provides members of the aviation industry with top-of-the-line aircraft detailing, line service and facility cleaning services. We service a wide variety of aircraft and facilities both large and small! This position is based out of DCA, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport; our company is continually growing, and we need candidates who meet and exceed our expectations of becoming the nation's leading aircraft detailing and facility support company!
Any applicants who are interested in learning more about Foxtrot Aviation Services and the opportunities available are encouraged to visit our career site here! -> Openings at Foxtrot Aviation Services (breezy.hr)
A Litter Control Technician, also known as a Litter Picker or Litter Cleanup Worker, is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of public areas by collecting and disposing of litter and debris. This job is typically associated with municipal or city governments, parks departments, environmental organizations, or private companies that provide cleaning services. The job description for a Litter Control Technician may include the following responsibilities and duties:
- Litter Collection:
- Patrol designated areas, such as parks, streets, sidewalks, public facilities, or recreational areas, to identify and pick up litter and trash.
- Use various tools and equipment, such as brooms, rakes, grabbers, and trash bags, to collect litter and debris.
- Trash Disposal:
- Safely and responsibly dispose of collected litter and trash in designated containers or recycling bins.
- Sort and separate recyclable materials from non-recyclables according to local regulations and guidelines.
- Maintenance and Cleanup:
- Assist in the maintenance of trash receptacles and containers by emptying and cleaning them as needed.
- Report damaged or overflowing trash containers to supervisors or relevant authorities for repair or replacement.
- Safety and Equipment Maintenance:
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintain and clean equipment and tools to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Keep records of the areas cleaned, the amount of litter collected, and any unusual or hazardous materials encountered during the cleanup process.
- Public Interaction:
- Interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner, providing information about litter prevention and promoting community cleanliness.
- Environmental Stewardship:
- Support environmental conservation efforts by promoting recycling, waste reduction, and sustainable practices within the community.
- Work Schedule:
- Adhere to a set work schedule, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, or special events, depending on the organization's needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Physical fitness and the ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of local litter control and environmental regulations is a plus.
- A valid driver's license may be required, depending on the job.
Litter Control Technicians play a crucial role in maintaining clean and attractive public spaces, which is essential for community aesthetics, health, and environmental well-being. They contribute to the overall quality of life in a community and help educate the public about the importance of responsible waste disposal and environmental stewardship.
Foxtrot Aviation ServicesWashington, DC View All Foxtrot Aviation Services Jobs
Get fresh Littler Control Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.