Global Quality Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Global Quality Engineer
Established in Taiwan in 1974, Hon Hai Technology Group (Foxconn) is the world’s largest electronics manufacturer. Foxconn is also the leading technological solution provider and it continuously leverages its expertise in software and hardware to integrate its unique manufacturing systems with emerging technologies. By capitalizing on its expertise in Cloud Computing, Mobile Devices, IoT, Big Data, AI, Smart Networks, and Robotics / Automation, the Group has expanded not only its capabilities into the development of electric vehicles, digital health and robotics, but also three key technologies –AI, semiconductors and new-generation communications technology – which are key to driving its long-term growth strategy and the four core product pillars: Consumer Products, Enterprise Products, Computing Products and Components and Others.
D-Group, is a business group within Foxconn, with more than 50,000 employees, a global footprint including China, Taiwan, and over ten other countries, with functions including R&D, sales, manufacturing, supply chain management, products and services extending into IT product manufacturing (computers, printers, printer cartridges, monitors, game consoles, and wireless speakers), industrial PCs, after-sales services, recycling, peer-to-peer digital payment platform, and strategic investments, on behalf of customers to provide an end-to-end, one-stop solution for R&D, manufacturing, sales/marketing, and after-sales services.
The Global Quality Engineer interfaces with internal/external cross-functional development teams and Client/OEM to ensure all the requirements and performance matrix are faithfully carried out and met. With the ability to manage suppliers from Client’s supplier selection (AVL – Approved Vendor List); and capable of practical application in problem solving methodologies to obtain root-cause, supports continuous improvement throughout manufacturing process from launch, sustaining phase to end of product life. Supports the management and implementation of systems, hardware and software testing in the manufacturing environment as dictated by the client OEM.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in DFMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly) review; analyzes, documents, and validates mechanical components and assemblies with Client / OEM.
- Participates in engineering design reviews to validate the robustness and proper mechanical performance of new products.
- Accommodates mechanical design alternatives that ensure manufacturing capability and Client / OEM’s production quality and efficiency.
- Collaborates with suppliers, electrical engineering, manufacturing, quality, mechanical engineering, and other development groups to ensure successful development and launch of new products.
- Drives consistency and thoroughness based on Client / OEM’s product plans and roadmaps.
- Utilizes metrics to improve new production / process / product quality throughout life of the program.
- Ensures operations achieve RTS (Ready-to-Ship) Release through product development model / process; and FRC (Factory Readiness Complete) throughout product life cycle.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Drives quality improvements by risk assessment / mitigation eliminating sources of defects in the design, supplier, and manufacturing processes.
- Supports JQE to analyze for field customer complaint, communicate FA to supplier / vendor if necessary and track progress until issue closure.
- Supports QPM with field issue derived from Foxconn factories, along with JQE feedback fixes / enhancement / change resolution to Client / OEM.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or similar/related field.
- At least one year of experience in Manufacturing Operations, Program and Quality Management.
- Ability to understand electrical, mechanical, software and test failure modes.
- Ability to drive technical issue resolution through advanced problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to multitask on projects and programs.
- Ability to manage manufacturing related issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English is preferred because of the nature of the job
- Travel is required for this role (50%)
El Paso, TX
What We Offer
- Robust health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation plans and time-off
- Matching 401k
- Company-paid life insurance
- Family insurance options
- Work with cutting-edge technologies
- Experience working in a global company
Foxconn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressEl Paso, TX
ManufacturingView all jobs at Foxconn-PCE Technology