In accordance with FVTC’s policies and procedures and the Wisconsin Administrative Code for Child Care Center Licensing, this position provides responsible care, development, guidance and supervision of the children in the FVTC Parent/Child Center. This position is also responsible for working with and mentoring students in the Early Childhood Education Program, in cooperation with instructional staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Adhere to all regulations as required by the Wisconsin Administrative Code for Child Care Center Licensing.
- Plan, develop, implement, and administer curriculum and daily activities for the developmental level of the children in order to provide experiences which will promote self-esteem and positive self-image, social interaction, self-expression and communication skills, creative expression, large and small muscle development, intellectual growth, and literacy.
- Adequately supervise the children and respond appropriately to ensure the safety and well-being of each child.
- Demonstrate appropriate child guidance to positively enhance the behaviors and development of the children in a way that is free from actions that are psychologically, emotionally or physically painful, discomforting, dangerous or potentially injurious.
- Continually monitor and evaluate the progress and behaviors of each child and respond as applicable.
- Inform parents of the children’s activities, progress, behaviors and incidents via parent conferences, workshops, parent letters, and written daily reports.
- Provide "on-the-job" experience and mentorship to Early Childhood Education Program students by proctoring, assisting, and demonstrating techniques used with children.
- Monitor, assist, review, and evaluate the work of assigned Early Childhood Education Program students in cooperation with instructional staff.
- Attend staff meetings, training sessions, workshops and conferences
- Regularly perform general housekeeping duties to provide a safe, healthy and productive learning environment for the children.
Secondary Job Functions
- Assist Parent/Child Center management with administrative support and planning and implementing workshops and events.
- Work with Parent/Child Center management to determine supplies and equipment needed in the classroom.
- Monitor condition of supplies and equipment, and make repairs or replacements as applicable.
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, (Bachelor Degree preferred), AND
- Two years of related work experience.
- Satisfactory background check and fingerprint based criminal background check as required by the Wisconsin Administrative Code for Child Care Center Licensing.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct in all aspects of the work environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to maintain an excellent working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as good listening skills.
- Ability to identify needed action without direction or supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure; attention to detail is essential.
- Neatness in work and appearance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, maturity, initiative and integrity with a professional image contributing to the success of the college.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Accept responsibility for professional growth, to include meeting the annual certification and training requirements as outlined in the Wisconsin Administrative Code for Child Care Center Licensing.
- Dependable, punctual, and commitment to following through on tasks.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required, to include occasional evenings.
- Good working knowledge of methods utilized in providing quality child care, including theory and procedures.
- Meet the physical requirements of the position as outlined in the Wisconsin Administrative Code for Child Care Center Licensing.
403B and 457 Retirement Plans, Bereavement Leave, Campus Care Clinic, Dental Insurance, Emergency Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Fitness Center at Appleton Main Campus, Flexible Spending Account, Group Legal Benefits, Health Insurance or if applicable Cash Option Plan, Health Savings Account, Long Term Disability Insurance, On-Site Child Care Facility at Appleton Main Campus, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Pet Health Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Sick Leave, Spousal and Child Life Insurance, Supplemental Employee Life Insurance, Term Life & AD&D Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Vision Insurance, Voluntary Accident Insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance, Voluntary Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Wellness Program, Wisconsin Retirement System Pension Benefit (plan eligibility requirements apply)