Cook - Part Time
Fox Trail Senior Living Manassas, VA
- Expired: May 26, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Professional Cook, who is a care partner that executes the vision of the Executive Chef. At the core of your role is following recipes and plating to ensure each meal is a representation of you and your skills. Relationships are nourished around food. Your meals are a reflection of you and those who live in our communities deserve meals that are both eye and palette pleasing. The Elders' home should always be prepared to accept guests. When someone is hungry, foods and beverages of their choosing should be accessible to them. Nurturing relationships in our neighborhood will be an important part of your role. The more well-known people are to one another, the more everyone experiences well-being.
Pay Rate: $11+ Based on Experience
As a member of our team, your responsibilities will include:
- Following meal planning and guides under the direction of the Executive Chef.
- Clean As You Go! Cleaning duties are just as important as cooking duties. Follow all cleaning guidelines as it pertains to daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual cleaning schedules.
- Follow all state and local laws and recommendations for health, sanitation and infection control.
- Problem-solving and taking ownership of any concerns as they arise by following up and following through with the right people as needed.
- Follow the direction of the leadership team and complete the tasks needed to ensure those who live and work in the community have their needs met.
- Standing/bending most of your shift at hot stoves, behind steam tables, cleaning, and other duties as required for your job's success as defined by the Executive Chef.
To ensure that we have the right person with the right knowledge to fulfill this role, the following is required:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Problem-solving skills to improvise as needed do the right thing in all situations.
- An ability to be friendly and be a part of a team smile and a sense of humor is appreciated.
- Being responsive to the needs of those who live, visit, and work in our community.
- Strong customer service skills to interact with those who live, visit and work in our community.
- Hospitality skills to enable all to feel welcome and at home as soon as possible.
- Familiarity with the 10 Culture Change Principals and a willingness to work across the community to bring them to life daily.
- Being a good steward of our environment and resources, making the community a place we can all be proud of and ensuring we have the resources we need.
Physical Demands of this role include: The ability to move freely about, lift or push up to 25 lbs., stoop, kneel, and reach. You must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in an understandable manner. You must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of position can be fully met. You may experience possible exposure to conditions normally expected of Eldercare areas, such as unpleasant sights, odors, and difficult interpersonal situations. There is a potential for injury and exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and communicable diseases. There are stresses associated with working in a long- term care environment. Examples of these stresses include, but are not limited to, shift rotation, weekend and holiday duty, unusual or impaired behavior by Elders, family reactions to having a loved one in the home, death and dying, oversight of State surveyors, Ombudsmen and Federal officials, presence of consultants and Attorneys, and variable involvement of medical staff.
Fox Trail Senior Living
FoodView all jobs at Fox Trail Senior Living