The Data Entry Clerk is responsible for performing data entry tasks and maintaining databases by entering new and updated customer, account and order information using appropriate hardware and software. The Data Entry Clerk will enter, update, research, verify and retrieve data into/from various systems; and ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of information recorded.
- Respect: Respect coworkers, customers, vendors and self. Shows respect for processes and methods related to job functions and company
- Integrity: Demonstrates integrity in work, professional relationships, processes and methods related to job functions and company.
- Excellence: Demonstrates excellence in all areas of work including processes methods, relationships and professionalism.
- Innovation: Demonstrates innovative solutions in job functions, methods, ideas, devices and company.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Prepares data for entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Processes customer, account and order documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Enters customer, account and order data by using appropriate hardware and software to input information.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered customer, account and order data by reviewing correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from multiple systems when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Interacts with departmental and other staff on matters affecting data and makes recommendations for improvement or enhancement to job processes to ensure standards in data entry, collection and retrieval.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- All other tasks as assigned by the company.
General Performance Responsibilities
- Knowledge/Dependability: Understands principles, concepts, techniques and requirements necessary to accomplish job duties. Meets commitments, works independently, stays focused under pressure, accepts responsibility, handles change, and meets attendance requirements.
- Quality of Work: Caliber of work produced is accurate, thorough, timely, and makes efficient use of resources. Has the ability to meet company requirements and standards.
- Productivity: Accomplishes objectives by following assignments and self-initiated projects through to completion. Volume of work is acceptable considering existing job circumstances. Meets deadlines for work completion.
- Interpersonal Relations/Communication: Effective in producing and receiving verbal and written information. Effective in reporting and expressing ideas. Has the ability to relate favorably at all levels, is positive, courteous, and responsive.
- Problem Solving & Analysis: Identifies and investigates to solve problems. Corrects issues or researches and makes suggestions for alternative solutions.
- Process Improvement:Actively participates and offers ideas to improve work processes. Keeps up on trends and technology to improve productivity, save time, etc.
- Adaptation Skills: Learns new job functions in a timely manner, adjusts to changing conditions, requirements, and multi-tasks.
- Initiative & Motivation: Self-initiates actions to influence and achieve goals. Takes a proactive approach to setting professional and organizational goals.
- Response to Supervision & Management: Proactively responds to supervisor's instructions, training and procedures.
- Teamwork: Is flexible and assists others in accomplishing goals and projects through ideas and work processes.
- Work Environment/Expense Control: Promotes mutual respect and supports safety programs. Uses equipment and materials effectively to minimize waste, and keeps workplace safe and clean. Suggests and/or implements innovations to achieve cost reduction and improve the efficiency of company operations.
- Typical Working Conditions - Administrative office environment
- Equipment Used - Typical office equipment