THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE IN LOS ANGELES AND PHOENIX, AZ
We are looking for an Associate Director, Cloud Engineering to own and manage the team responsible for, and delivery of, applications and infrastructure supporting media workflows and broadcast events such as MLB World Series, NFL, College Football, World Cup and the Super Bowl. The Cloud Engineering team will work closely with multiple teams and disciplines across the enterprise to conceptualize, build and integrate solutions and services to support the challenging real-time requirements of the media/broadcast business. Join the team and make your mark as we build our media and broadcast operations from the ground up!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the design, build and management/maintenance of cloud infrastructure and standards
- Create and update documentation to facilitate cross-training and troubleshooting
- Help recruit and retain amazing Cloud Engineering talent
- Keep Cloud Engineering team aligned with the business and development teams
- Maintain a positive and supportive work culture
- Mentor less senior members of the team
- Serve as a point of escalation for Cloud Engineering-related issues
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- BS in a related field or equivalent experience
- 7 years experience in enterprise IT
- 5 years experience in software development (Python, Java, Go, .Net)
- 5 years experience working with AWS and/or GCP
- 5 years experience working with automation/config management tools such as Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.
- 3 years experience with monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, New Relic, Splunk, etc
Preferred Skills and or Experience
- Git and pull requests
- Jenkins or comparable deployment automation
- ServiceNow / change control
- Building and distributing software libraries/SDKs
- Configuration management (Chef, Ansible, etc)
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks
The ideal candidate will have a background in software engineering and a passion for continuous improvement, bringing these to bear to solve architecture and operations problems. Enterprise IT, media and/or broadcast experience are a huge plus. We are looking for strong written and in-person communication and a self-starter that can identify and solve problems early on and help maintain a positive and support work culture for all members of the team.
Whatever your discipline, from on-air talent to behind-the-scenes tech guru to business and finance, the career opportunities at FOX are exciting, rewarding and game-changing. We seek out the most talented individuals – the dreamers, the disruptors and the visionaries –and we want them to know that they matter. We’re committed to helping every single one of our employees feel valued and inspired, every day.