Linux Administrator & Developer
Fovea Aero Systems
Egg Harbor City, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a mid-level Linux System Administrator with VMWare and networking experience to develop, build, maintain, and support a development and testing environment. The ideal candidate will also have experience with programming languages in use in the development environment, including C, C++, Java, XML, and SQL.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Provision, install, configure, monitor and maintain Linux systems hardware and software infrastructure.
- Develop and manage Linux shell scripts to support application software testing and administration.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware and software upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Provide expertise in software requirements analysis, design, design reviews, development, software testing, integration, installation, and maintenance of complex computer systems.
- Review and comment on system engineering documents; system requirement documents; system testing documents.
- Provide expertise in the development and improvement of software development processes.
- Interpret and analyze complex information systems data.
- Develop technical documentation, system diagrams, and presentation materials.
- Provide 2nd level engineering support.
- Attend system design reviews; technical interchange meetings; any other meetings as requested to support program and team
Travel and Work Environment
- On-site, full-time.
- Willing to travel.
- On call 24x7 for emergency site support as required.
- Able to debug software issues in Linux environments.
- Strong knowledge and background of Unix/Linux Operating Systems.
- Strong knowledge of Linux shell scripting.
- Solid understanding of IP network technologies and software tools for performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of VMware virtual environment.
- Technical understanding of systems, databases, networking, and computing environments.
- Knowledge of server operations, data communications and systems analysis.
- Knowledge of networking and enterprise system architecture.
- Knowledge of network security issues, policies and implementation techniques
- Unix/Linux Operating Systems Administration.
- Familiarity of NAS Technical Operations.
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) systems.
- Working knowledge of Web Service and/or Java Message Service (JMS) system.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Java Message Service (JMS)
- Web Services
- Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) Communication Protocol
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Math or a Bachelor’s degree in another technical field with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics and computer science and (12) years of related work experience in a computer science or math field OR
- Master’s Degree in any field of study with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours of either undergraduate or graduate study in a combination of mathematics, statistics and computer science and (9) years related work experience in a computer science or math field.
- US Citizenship or documented proof of eligibility to work in the US is required.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Government investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain Government clearance.
- The Federal Vaccine Mandate affects this position and as a Federal Contractor — you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
Join our team of professionals to help advance and maintain the largest air traffic control system in the World. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, plus a 401(k) retirement plan. You will have all federal holidays off, as well as yearly paid time off.
*Details available upon request.
Fovea Aero Systems
AddressEgg Harbor City, NJ
Get fresh Part Time Linux System Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!