Looking for a Data Engineer to join one of the biggest DTC wellness platforms!
Reporting to the Lead Data Engineer, you will work with a skilled team of engineers to scope, implement and ship everywhere from one-off insights to scalable ETLs and data streams. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the entire data funnel and make key decisions at a company that is relatively new to data-first decision making.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze Data: Write ETLs to facilitate and derive data analysis; Work with Director of Engineering, department leads, project managers and C-levels to define, prioritize and deliver reporting and analysis.
- Architect & Maintain Systems: Work with data engineering team and leads to streamline current data stores into a robust data lake and determine architecture and infrastructure to support future generations of data features and analysis; Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures, such as databases and processing systems.
Who You Are
- You have strong communication skills, allowing you to communicate clearly with a dispersed team across multiple channels.
- You have extreme attention to detail, enabling you to see the importance of every piece of data.
- You have proven experience analyzing data and engineering data infrastructure, utilizing SQL and Python.
- You’re a creative thinker who isn’t afraid to think outside the box and take initiative.
- Your growth mindset enables you to find big data and data infrastructure exciting.
- You’re interested in writing code and you understand how getting your hands dirty with the small tasks contributes to the greater goal.
- You’re a fast worker who isn’t willing to sacrifice the quality of work for a deadline - yet you still manage to hit your deadlines (almost) all of the time
- 4+ years of experience in engineering, data engineering preferred
- Bachelor’s in computer science, statistics, mathematics or equivalent experience
- Strong proficiency in database schema design, querying and management (RedShift, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MySQL, Athena, Spectrum)
- Strong proficiency scripting in Python and additionally in one of the following languages (and any accompanying/relevant data libraries) in a product team environment: Node.js,, Scala, R
- Experience with ETL technologies (AWS Glue, DataBricks, Airflow)
- Experience with working with Jupyter notebooks and clear demonstration of documentation of analysis and scripts
- Self-starter, exceptional organizational skills, clear communicator, motivated to start healthy discussion and gain consensus on data architecture/design decisions
- Experience with gitflow workflow, peer reviewing
- Able to clearly communicate technology and business rules to non-tech colleagues
- Comfortable using Docker and Kubernetes
- Comfortable with the AWS toolset
- Experience with RESTful APIs, specifically to extract data or access data streams, and also writing basic RESTful endpoints
- Experience with data visualization, dashboarding and data reporting tools such as Tableau
This is a full-time position. We are currently a growing team of about 50 people. We offer industry-competitive salary and generous benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance; 401K match; and paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.
Fourth FloorAs the leading fashion recruiting firm in the country, we place industry professionals in temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct hire roles with major beauty, fashion, and lifestyle brands and retailers nationwide.