Regional Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHAT IS FOUR STAR GREENHOUSE?
We are a growing, highly successful, family-owned company, founding partner in the premium national plant brand “Proven Winners”. We are recognized nationally for our strong investment in research and development, breeding, rigorous testing and trials to ensure high garden performance and a user experience that is Easy, Successful and Inspiring. You have likely seen our beautiful plants, hanging baskets, shrubs and other products at your local garden center, Home Depot, Lowes or online at Amazon.com. We have been operating in the horticulture industry since 1977 with state-of-the-art facilities headquartered on 30-acres in Carleton, MI, about 15-minutes south of Detroit Metro Airport. Our company has a genuine middle market family-feel, highly cohesive and collaborative with a casual setting focused a team-success.
Please visit our website at http://www.pwfourstar.com/resources/employment-opportunities to view a comprehensive job description.
We offer a competitive starting wage/salary and benefits package.
Join Four Star’s sales efforts to make the world a more beautiful and colorful place with plants! Four Star is the number one producer and supplier of Proven Winners in the country. The growing interest in gardening amassed approx. 18MM new gardeners last year and Four Star’s sales team is dedicated to selling this premium brand that consumers demand.
As a brand ambassador and passion-to-win sales team member, you will be responsible for the sales activities within your region, working directly with customers and brokers to understand their goals and establish how we can meet and exceed them. You’ll manage accounts ensuring quality and consistency of this premium product for the current customer base as well as identifying and securing new business.
We are looking for a creative, solution driven individual who is dedicated to customer service while also managing big-picture initiatives with customers that drive for company targeted results in a growing market. You will need to be a flexible, detail-oriented team player who can manage multiple priorities simultaneously and genuinely cares for the success of the customer.
If you would like to be a part of this thriving business in an exciting industry with an opportunity to sell a premium brand that gardeners trust, we would love to explore our regional sales representative opportunity with you.
This is a full time ‘year ‘round position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
JOB SUMMARY: Create and execute a sales plan that contains clearly defined goals/objectives and responsibilities. Establish and maintain successful relationships with all existing and potential customers. Provide a high level of quality and consistency of both products and services through accurate processing and fulfillment of orders and by monitoring the progress of orders throughout the entire order management process. Identify and secure new business in your assigned regions. Establish and maintain successful relationships with the Sales Support Staff.
1. Create a sales plan (with the Sales Supervisor/Manager and Sales Coordinators) for your region designed to:
a. Retain existing customers
b. Generate new customers
c. Build volume for existing customers
d. Increase Four Star market share in your region
2. Implement approved sales plan to successfully meet goals/objectives
3. Utilize “Salesforce” and/or any other customer relationship management software to effectively manage accounts.
4. Implement sales campaigns as directed by Sales Supervisor/Manager utilizing the sales calendar.
5. Develop region and customer specific sales material. Prepare and deliver presentations, proposals, and programs that meet established goals/objectives.
6. Successfully establish and maintain current and potential broker relationships.
7. Identify and resolve customer concerns resulting in a high level of customer satisfaction and retention.
8. Follow up on new leads and referrals within established parameters to achieve sales goals/objectives.
9. Participate in education programs as offered and continue to self-educate, as needed, to stay current with new and existing plants and programs.
10.Travel, as needed, to meet company goals/objectives. Occasional overnights, weekends, and evenings may be required.
11.Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered to the team to ensure that Four Star Greenhouse remains at the forefront of the industry.
12.Prepare and maintain reports that include activity, closings, follow-up, and status of goals/objectives that can be utilized by the team.
13.Collaborate with other team members and departments to meet sales goals/objectives.
14. Participate in seminars, trade shows, webinars, go-to-meetings, or any other event as deemed necessary.
INDIVIDUAL ATTRIBUTE IDEALS:
1. Act with Integrity – doing the right thing with honor, even when no one is looking or the consequences are costly, focused on what’s best for our company and customers.
2. Model Humble Confidence and Courageous Character – maintain a positive attitude with a foundation of humility and empathy while acting with clarity of vision, strength, and confidence.
3. Relate Authentically – connect with others, listen to understand, communicate with unwavering candor, honesty, discretion, and respect for all.
4. Operate Transparently – be proactively open and honest, lead by offering complete visibility into successes, failures and challenges that are encountered each day.
5. Embody Teamwork – embrace and foster a collaborative culture, share ideas, engage in constructive debate, give and expect mutual support, celebrate wins together.
6. Exemplify Accountability – measure yourself by the highest standards of integrity, responsibility, and performance, as if you are the Owner of Four Star.
7. Innovate Relentlessly – welcome change, make time to learn, think differently, try out new ideas, take risks, learn from mistakes, simplify complexity, be persistent, find ways to make something better, today!
1. Must have more than a basic knowledge of computer skills (including database programs like Excel) and a high level of comfort learning new computer programs and systems
2. 2 years Inside or Business-to-Business sales experience required
3. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Communications, Agriculture/Horticulture or a Related Field is preferred
Four Star GreenhouseWhy Work Here?
We are a growing, highly successful, family-owned company, a founding partner in the premium national plant brand “Proven Winners”.
Located in Carleton, MI, Four Star Greenhouse has been producing high quality garden products since 1977 and is the largest partner/supplier of the nationally recognized #1 plant brand Proven Winners®. Proven Winners® is known for its unique varieties and high quality products that enable consumers to be successful gardeners. Proven Winners® has grown to be a substantial national brand with distribution in national retail chains as well as thousands of independent garden centers. As a team member of Four Star Greenhouse, you will join a highly successful growth company with a very pleasant and rewarding work environment.
1015 Indian Trail RdDetroit, MI