Weekend Start of Care Coordinator LPN
- Expired: January 22, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Interested in learning more about starting a new career in the New Year with Four Seasons?
Join us at
our upcoming Virtual Career Fair!
January 26, 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Click Here to Register: https://fs-virtual-career-fair-jan-26.eventbrite.com
We look forward to talking
with you soon!
We're growing! Come grow with us. Be a part of our team, connect with your purpose and pride, and experience the most rewarding job you'll ever have.
•Insurance Benefits First of the Month After Hire
•Generous Paid Time Off Package - Start Accruing Day 1
•Flexible Work Schedules & Innovative Staffing Models
•A Family Friendly Work Culture That Values Balance
•Wellness & Mental Health Resources & Support
•Growth & Career Advancement Opportunities
•Annual Compensation Review & Performance Bonus Opportunities
We co-create the care experience for our patients and families each and every day. Our staff are highly engaged in what they do, and the work that they do connects them with their cause and purpose in a supportive, team-oriented environment. Ask anyone what the best part of working at Four Seasons is and they will say, "My teammates." We ensure our staff are well cared for so that they can care for others. We are proud of the work that we do and the quality of service we provide. No one does it better than us, and there's no better place to work in western North Carolina.
Weekend Start of Care Coordinator
Care Access Team Leader
Days, Saturday & Sunday 8am - 8pm
The Care Access Support LPN is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the referral to admission process to ensure that the services rendered by the admission RNs are both patient centered and cost effective. The Care Access Support LPN is also responsible for answering all informational telephone calls- being familiar with all services of Four Seasons, taking verbal orders from our referral partners, answering questions related to admissions and/or referrals, scheduling the admission visits, triaging calls, and referral needs. The Care Access Support LPN triages all incoming referrals in coordination with the Care Access Team and admission RNs to ensure immediate responsiveness to best meet the needs of our patients and families. This individual is also responsible for proofing, correcting, and processing the admission paperwork and distributing to the appropriate teams. The Care Access Support LPN provides direct and indirect patient care within the LPN scope of practice and within Four Seasons practices, Mission and Vision statements and triage patient and family phone calls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain all necessary and required clinical information for all incoming referrals in coordination with the Care Access Team
- Obtain and coordinate verbal orders from referral partners as needed
- Contact families and schedule all hospice admissions in coordination with the appropriate regional team
- Complete the medical criteria summary and obtain verbal approval from hospice physician once complete
- Coordinate provider face to face visits with the provider scheduler as required
- Triage all informational calls and coordinate scheduled visits with applicable clinicians
- Daily collaboration with Team Leaders and families to ensure timely start of care for all pending referrals
- Perform other but similar duties, such as providing emergent on call patient needs coverage
- Complete pre-admission screening to determine the correct FS service line
- Coordinate and obtain consents as needed
- Reporting and recording the nursing care rendered and the patient's response to that care
- Maintaining safe and effective nursing care, whether rendered directly or indirectly
- Triage patient and family phone calls and coordinate with clinical teams as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations and Medicare Conditions of Participation
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules and regulations
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems
- Operating knowledge of electronic EMR's (computer application)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to interact with various departments throughout the organization
- Ability to work flexible weekday and weekend hours
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
- LPN degree
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience
- Minimum of 1 year hospice experience
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills
- Demonstrated skill/expertise in pain and symptom management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and facilitate the work of the interdisciplinary group
- Demonstrated ability to execute an effective, supportive, and sensitive response to needs of patients and their families and to staff members
- Demonstrated understanding of reimbursement, regulatory requirements, and Medicare Conditions of Participation
Licensures & Certifications: (if applicable)
- Valid North Carolina LPN license in good standing
- Valid driver's license and proof of automobile insurance
SUMMARY OF PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Walking, standing, sitting, bending, twisting
- Flexion/extension of arms/wrists
- Hand dexterity to include grasping/gripping, pushing and writing
Four Seasons COVID-19 Response
At Four Seasons, the safety of our staff and patients is, and always has been, our number one priority. As part of our organizational response to COVID-19, we have implemented strict safety protocols and supply our employees with appropriate PPE to ensure the safety and wellness of every member of our team and every patient we serve.
Four Seasons is operating in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccination mandate. This means all Four Seasons employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicant requests for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement will be considered to the extent required by applicable law.
Four Seasons Statement on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Four Seasons is committed to and accountable for advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion. We strive to embrace individual uniqueness and foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives. We are working to leverage educational resources that build and strengthen institutional diversity and that benefit all individuals. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our values of Compassion, Balance, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence, and Resilience.
At Four Seasons:
- We will foster and maintain a safe environment of respect and inclusion for staff, volunteers, and patients and families, and members of the communities we serve.
- We will educate our staff and volunteers to be champions of equity, diversity, and inclusion and to help create environments that reflect the diversity of our communities and elevate cultural awareness.
- We will ensure inclusive access to our services and resources and ensure that all our policies and practices are inclusive and equitable.
- We will advance and build our workforce by assuring all staff, leaders and volunteers are provided access to training on equity, diversity, and inclusion. We will likewise assure that our recruiting and retention efforts seek to honor and respect inclusivity and equitability in our practice.
- We will address disparities in serious illness care delivery through increased public awareness and education efforts.
Four Seasons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to qualified applicants without regard to such characteristics as race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Four Seasons, The Care You Trust
AddressFlat Rock, NC
Get fresh Four Seasons Care Home jobs daily straight to your inbox!