NP - Palliative Care
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
What if you loved where you work? We co-create the care experience for our patients and families each and every day. Our staff are highly engaged in what they do, and the work that they do connects them with their cause and purpose in a supportive, team-oriented environment. Ask anyone what the best part of working at Four Seasons is and they will say, “My teammates.” We ensure our staff are well cared for so that they can care for others. We are proud of the work that we do and the quality of service we provide. No one does it better than us. Come be a part of our team, connect with your purpose and pride, and experience the most rewarding job you’ll ever have.
Nurse Practitioner / Physician’s Assistant
Regional Director of Palliative Care
Days, Monday - Friday
Franklin, Andrews, and surrounding areas
Work under the direction of a FSCFL physician to provide patient care consultation and treatment to patients with serious illness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work to achieve performance goals, pursue progress toward individual development plan (IDP) and demonstrate Four Seasons values and competencies
- Provide direct client care consultations, to include participation in patient and family counseling and management of symptoms related to life-limiting conditions in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, social workers, and chaplains
- Take clinical call for palliative care/hospice clients and NP may serve as attending for hospice clients
- Actively participate in Interdisciplinary Team meetings for development and evaluation of the clients plan of care
- Create and maintain accurate patient records
- Teach and mentor nurses and other staff to obtain quality care outcomes, efficiently with excellent patient and family experience
- Practice within the scope of license, certification or registration, where applicable, and as required by law and regulation
- Serve as clinical resource for staff of Four Seasons, staff at facilities served, and providers in the community
- Maintain current medical education and appropriate licensure
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations and Medicare Conditions of Participation
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules and regulations
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems
- Basic data entry skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and utilize innovative techniques and ingenuity
- Ability to interact with various departments throughout the organization
- Ability to work flexible hours, if needed
- Ability to participate as a team player to coordinate projects
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
- Master’s degree and clinical rotation, preferred.
- 2 years of (post education) experience is required
- Palliative care experience preferred
Licensures & Certifications: (if applicable)
- Current NP or PA Board Approved Certification
- Current NC Medical License in good standing
- Current DEA Registration in good standing
- Meet and maintain eligibility requirements to be appointed medical staff and qualify for privileges at partner facilities
- Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
SUMMARY OF PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Walking, standing, sitting
- Hand dexterity with gripping/grasping to include writing
- Maintain current medical education and appropriate licensure
- Practice safety and infection control methods
- Maintain documentation of collaborative practice / supervision as appropriate for medical licensure
Four Seasons COVID-19 Response
At Four Seasons, the safety of our staff and those we serve is and always has been, our number one priority. As part of our organizational response to COVID-19, we have implemented strict safety protocols and supply our employees with appropriate PPE to ensure the safety and wellness of every member of our team and everyone we serve.
Four Seasons is operating in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccination mandate. This means all Four Seasons employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicant requests for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement will be considered to the extent required by applicable law.
Four Seasons Statement on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Four Seasons is committed to and accountable for advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion. We strive to embrace individual uniqueness and foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives. We are working to leverage educational resources that build and strengthen institutional diversity and that benefit all individuals. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our values of Compassion, Balance, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence, and Resilience.
At Four Seasons:
- We will foster and maintain a safe environment of respect and inclusion for staff, volunteers, and patients and families, and members of the communities we serve.
- We will educate our staff and volunteers to be champions of equity, diversity, and inclusion and to help create environments that reflect the diversity of our communities and elevate cultural awareness.
- We will ensure inclusive access to our services and resources and ensure that all our policies and practices are inclusive and equitable.
- We will advance and build our workforce by assuring all staff, leaders and volunteers are provided access to training on equity, diversity, and inclusion. We will likewise assure that our recruiting and retention efforts seek to honor and respect inclusivity and equitability in our practice.
- We will address disparities in serious illness care delivery through increased public awareness and education efforts.
Four Seasons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to qualified applicants without regard to such characteristics as race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Four Seasons, The Care You Trust
HealthcareView all jobs at Four Seasons, The Care You Trust