LOCATION: EMERYVILLE, CA
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER: Perform general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained. Perform preventive maintenance on major equipment and systems; using a window based computer system. Analyze problems and formulate plans to get work done quickly including procurement of materials, part, etc., with a high degree of quality. Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, guests entrance/access doors, television sets, lighting systems and makes minor repairs and/or replacements to ensure proper operation and maximum efficiency. Perform maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool-if applicable, etc. May assist with other duties as assigned.
- Experienced in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields is preferred.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to write routine reports, keep logs, and correspondence and ability to speak effectively with customers and associates.
- The ability to deal with internal & external guests with a high level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be guest service focused and understand expectations of hospitality demands.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess strength and desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Should have some working knowledge of building systems, including life-safety systems, is preferred for this position but not required.
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents as safety rules (i.e. Lockout Tag out, JSA's), safety awareness information (i.e., MSDS) operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, reasonable color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.