Fountainhead Development North Pole, AK
- Posted: June 12, 2021
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Incorporated in 1985, Fountainhead Development, Inc., (FDI), specializes in property management and is the largest privately owned hotelier in Alaska. FDI owns and operates Sophie Station Suites, Wedgewood Resort and the Bear Lodge. Each of these properties offers guest accommodations, fine dining establishments and a variety of guest services. Our commercial properties include holdings in excess of 540,000 square feet of rental space, which we manage, lease and maintain. This diversified corporation is also involved in the construction industry with a year round operation developing commercial properties.
Fountainhead Development, Inc. owns and operates the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum, a collection that features over 84 American made antique automobiles and showcases the interesting heritage of the automobile during Alaska's post-Gold Rush era. Several autos are the only models of their marques known to remain.
In addition, FDI has a Wildlife Sanctuary at Wedgewood, which is a peaceful, 75-acre reserve that is home to an impressive variety of interior Alaska's wildlife. The sanctuary, a model wetlands restoration project, offers nature trails and observation decks.
Our goal at Fountainhead Development, Inc. is to ensure that guests and staff alike enjoy a positive and professional environment with teamwork as the foundation. If you aspire to quality and excellence in service, we look forward to the opportunity to review your application.
POSITION: Cook SS
Position Summary: Prepare, season and cook food to order and provide direction to prep cooks and dishwashers if needed.
- Prepare buffet and/or made to order entrees in a fast paced environment to include, but not limited to, eggs, meat, fish, and vegetable and starch side dishes
- Cut, trim and bone meat
- Bake, roast, broil and steam meat, fish, vegetables, and desserts
- Assist with preparation of soups, sauces, puddings and breads
- Cook menu items according to employer recipes
- Arrange food on plates for appetizing presentation
- Receive product shipments
- Rotate and stock new product in appropriate places
- Lock and/or unlock walk-in freezers as needed to open and close shifts
- Turn on and/or off ovens and steamers as needed to open and close shifts
- Assist with cleaning food preparation areas, facilities and equipment
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment
- Observe health and safety precautions required to protect people and property
- All other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Alaska Food Worker Card required
- Broiler, grill and sauce pan experience
- Two years of culinary experience and/or education preferred
- Strong customer service skills and knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, to include assessing needs, meeting quality standards, and evaluating customer satisfaction
- Intermediate English speaking skills; able to clearly communicate with others and to listen to, understand and follow instructions
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers and managers, in a positive, professional and helpful manner, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to listen to and understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Able to work effectively with kitchen team
- Able to stay calm and productive under pressure
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to perform with sufficient physical ability and mobility to stand for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally sit, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate kitchen equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination, to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for a kitchen environment with or without correction.
- Dependability - being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Attention to Detail - being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Problem Solving - analyzing information and evaluating results to choose and implement the best solution
- Tolerance - accepting criticism, and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Cooperation - being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Integrity - being honest and ethical
LOCATION: North Pole, AK
SHIFT: Various Shifts
EOE STATEMENT: Fountainhead Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
AddressNorth Pole, AK
FoodView all jobs at Fountainhead Development