Pharmacist in Charge
FountainRx Nashville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Description of Responsibilities
The Pharmacist-in-charge shall have knowledge of and follow the standing operating procedures for the pharmacy. In addition, he/she will have knowledge of all workflow, prescription processing, communications, logistics, and customer service processes at FountainRx.
Scope of Supervision
Retail pharmacy technician team members, compounding pharmacy technician team members, patient care team members, and logistics team members.
Responsibilities of the Pharmacist-in-charge include the following:
1. Demonstrates an exceptional knowledge regarding processing and filling prescriptions. This may include, but is not limited to, processing retail prescriptions, compounded products, and specialty medications. Standards for accuracy and completeness shall be consistently met. The pharmacist shall demonstrate a familiarity with third party processing including but not limited to formulary management, prior authorizations, secondary billing, coupons, and other pharmacy benefit manager operational issues. Precriptions services will be provided in an orderly, efficient, and expeditious manner.
2. Supervises compounding activities and checks all compounds for accuracy.
3. Oversight of daily operations. This may include, but is not limited to general workflow, scheduling assignments, call lists, and queue checks (“will-call”, delivery, and shipping), customer service, logistics, and provider communications. Operations includes oversight and/or coordination with the retail, compounding and specialty teams as well as patient care, purchasing, logistics, and sales/marketing.
4. Consult with patients to deliver better healthcare outcomes. This would include patient focused and quality assurance opportunities including MTM consultations, adherence monitoring, clinical outcomes follow-up, immunizations, and other patient care programs as defined by the industry and/or partners. Be willing to adapt to change and adjust plans to thrive within a dynamic healthcare setting.
5. Oversight of inventory management for the retail area and other areas as assigned. This may include, but is not limited to, the purchasing, stocking, disposal, and return of chemicals and pharmaceuticals. In addition, coordination is expected with compounding/purchasing manager, accounting manager, operations manager, or other personnel in regard to inventory management as assigned by the partners or their designee.
6. Provide positive and encouraging leadership to staff under management, setting the right results-driven culture and ensuring that each individual understands expectations, has the knowledge needed to successfully fulfill their role, and perform to task. Build positive team spirit and balance assignments to achieve department goals.
7. Actively contribute to a team culture with other department managers that promotes enthusiasm and pride. This may include implementation of solutions through leadership, participation in management meetings, reporting, and quality assurance initiatives.
8. Other projects, activities, or responsibilities assigned at the discretion of the partners or their designee.
9. Pharmacy dispensing oversight and supervision.
10. Direct oversight during the preparation and dispensing of medications.
1. Graduate of ACPE Accredited School of Pharmacy.
2. Registered Tennessee Pharmacist licensed in good standing.
3. Minimum three years experience as a pharmacist is preferred.
4. Computer skills that include word processing, and efficent use of the internet and e-mail.
5. Ability to work a flexible schedule to adjust for work-flow and peak volume times.
6. Current, Unrestricted Tennessee Pharmacist license
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions in this job description:
1. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit, as well as talk and hear.
2. Good hand-eye coordination and the ability to lift up to at least 30 pounds.
FountainRxWhy Work Here?
Independent pharmacy, great environment, supportive team.
6900 Lenox Village DrNashville, TN