Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. We re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Communicates well with staff, physicians and ancillary services.
2. Receives and screens telephone calls. Takes accurate messages.
3. Delivers phone messages timely and copies charts accurately for the UM nurses.
4. Assists Case Manager with sorting and rooming of daily patient assignments.
5. Projects a professional attitude when working with other departments, medical staff, nursing administration, guests of the hospital and outside agencies.
6. Verifies face sheets to the computer printout.
7. Verify demographic information with patient as directed by Case Manager.
8. Coordinates review requests from outside agencies to ensure timely reviews and ultimately timely payments to the hospital.
9. Copies charts for Medi-Cal TARS promptly.
10. Assist Case Manager with paperwork, copying, faxes and answering phones.
11. Accountable for discharge referrals for Case Managers
a) Verifies eligibility and benefits for each referral for home health, durable medical equipment, Skilled nursing, acute rehab and transportation if necessary.
b) Copies and faxes additional information as required for referrals
c) Faxes ambulance physician certification as necessary and maintains file.
d) Carry centralized pager from call center and answer pages as appropriate.
e) Monitor request activity for messages sent by facilities and vendors and take appropriate action to complete the discharge process, i.e. faxing additional information if requested, sending responses to subscribers as to date, time and mode of transportation used to complete discharge.
f) Discuss problems, barriers to discharge and delays with Case Manager.
g) Collaborate with Case Managers to resolve problems as needed.
h) Order transportation and any DME needed.
i) Re-submit additional referrals if necessary.
j) Discharge- post and send notification of placement to other responding facilities when patient placed.
12. eIQ complete auth log as requested.
13. Use as ECIN referral system as requested.
14. Other Position Accountabilities:
a) Must be dependable and punctual.
b) Acts as a resource in assisting others with case management objectives as appropriate.
c) Good effective verbal and written communication skills.
d) Must function as a member of a team.
e) Must be able to adapt to a highly changeable environment.
f) Must be able to work consistently and effectively in complex situations.
g) Able to correctly follow instructions.Qualifications:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Requirements: Minimum 6 months to 1 year experience including computer data entry, Microsoft Word Perfect, Excel. Ability to use pager, fax and copy machines. UR/UM process within hospital, insurance company environment, hospital admitting process experience or SNF admitting process. Word processing skills necessary. Knowledge of medical terminology. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Maintains confidentiality, tact and diplomacy. Typing speed of 60 WPM desirable
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicants or employees race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.