Steer your career in the right direction as a Commercial Outside Sales Representative with Fountain Tire Delta Commercial.
As an important member of the Sales team, the Outside sales associate will work to aggressively solicit new and existing customers of the assigned stores to attain increased profitable sales of Fountain Tire products and services. To build strong relationships with customers through the Fountain Tire sales process.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and profitably grow the commercial customer base by using established sales philosophies, processes and producing accurate documentation.
- Effectively seek out and solicit new accounts
- Develop plans with Corporate Sales Manager and assigned Store Managers to reach maximum potential of customers in assigned area including but not limited to call frequencies, target account planning, travel schedules
- Complete necessary follow up with customers, and continually update customer requirements and purchases
- Research issues pertaining to the assigned customer’s marketplace and respond to these issues accordingly with an action plan to succeed. This includes monitoring and reporting on competitor’s and customers activities
- Identity and report to Corporate Sales Manager any customer concerns that will improve quality for customers
- Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge base of all products and services that Fountain Tire offers.
- Develop an in-depth business relationship with all stakeholders (e.g. customer, stores, program people).
- Negotiate pricing and terms with customers that adhere to established pricing guidelines.
- Ensure the timely delivery of product to customers by verifying requested product is available, and providing alternate product if requested is not available on time, setting up deliveries to customers through dispatch and management.
- Participate in sales meetings, conferences and seminars as required.
- Participate in fleet surveys, industry associations and customer training.
- Prepare input into Fountain Tire forecasts for light truck, medium truck and OTR tires for store in assigned territory.
- Assist in the accounts receivable collection process with local customers.
- Assist in inventory management through documentation processes.
- Participate in all safety initiatives, as required or assigned, to guarantee safety at Fountain Tire.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Why work for Fountain Tire?
- Competitive total compensation package including a generous commission structure
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits for our associates and their families
- Discounts on parts and mechanical services at all Fountain Tire locations
- RRSP matching
- Company vehicle, cell phone and expense account
- Become part of a culture that strongly supports change and innovation
- A strong presence and reputation across Canada that stands behind a recognized and respected brand
- Fountain Tire is a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers
We are looking for:
- Three to five years of experience in sales; automotive aftermarket and business to business or commercial sales are preferred
- Knowledge of the products and services in which Fountain Tire offers to Commercial customers would be an added benefit
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with customers.
- Proven track record in initiating sales opportunities and growing market share.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate proficiency in all facets of MS Office.
- Demonstrated ability to set sales goals and achieve results.
- A dedicated customer service focus with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and customers; this includes good communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; this includes organization, time management and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and provide a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract from province of residence.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online. This position will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.