Direct Support Provider
- $13 to $15 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental
Direct Support Professional
Reports to: Residential Manager
Work 15 days a month, Off every other Fri. Sat. Sun.
Full Job Description
Foundation for Care is seeking applicants with a strong professional work ethic, integrity and passion to provide support and care for others. Experience related in this field for example (PCA, CNA, Humans Services, Social Work and Psychology, etc.) for the position of Direct Support Professional in the Richmond area for all shifts FT; 7am-7pm (Day), 7pm-7am (Nights). PT; 7pm-11pm and PRN.
Applicants must be able to attend pre-employment training up to 4 days 10am-4pm each day
Direct Support Professionals are responsible for maintaining a safe, supportive, and therapeutic environment that fosters growth, rehabilitation and facilitates the development of individuals with disabilities to reach their highest level of independence. The services provided include assistance in daily living skills, behavior management, providing proper means and nutrition, upkeep/ maintenance of the residence, medication management, and transportation for individuals.
Performance Standards will include:
- The Direct Support Professional consistently demonstrates a positive work ethic and commitment to the organization demonstrating leadership and team player qualities.
- The Direct Support Professional successfully ensures all necessary documentation is completed for daily duties and tasks
- The Direct Support Professional demonstrates proper medical and personal hygiene care for each individual as needed including medication management, medical appointments, and proper documentation and upkeep of medical records.
- The Direct Support Professional uses approved behavior management techniques to work with individuals in crisis and documents incidents appropriately.
- The Direct Support Professional thoroughly maintains and upkeeps the residence according to Foundation for Care policies and procedures and regulatory agencies.
- The Direct Support Professional provides support to each individual supervised by implementing their annual plan of support, goals, and objectives.
- The Direct Support Professional attends and participates in scheduled staff meetings and trainings. Evaluates work processes and methods and submits recommendations for continuous quality improvement.
- The Direct Support Professional attends scheduled training programs for professional development that includes, at a minimum, trainings required by Foundation for Care and by regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- The Direct Support Professional performs other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to Documentation, medical needs and assessment as needed, maintain the physical environment of the home, individual support, and customer service
Foundation for Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Foundation for Care is committed to providing a work environment that is non-discriminatory, harassment-free, fair, ethical, and inclusive.
Foundation for Care is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable laws which prohibit discrimination and harassment in the workplace.
Foundation for Care strictly prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including without limitation, recruiting, hiring, assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination. This policy covers conduct occurring at Foundation for Care’s office, client sites, other locations where Foundation for Care is providing services, and all work-related activities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, PRN
Benefits: (after 90 days)
- Health insurance (Vision, Dental, Medical)
- Paid time off
Experience and Qualifications:
High school diploma and a minimal of related service or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to serve those with intellectual disabilities.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
Must have knowledge of mental illness and intellectual disabilities. Must be able to distinguish between the two to ensure accurate services are provided.
Signed Disclosure Statement
Knowledge of Medicaid Waiver Program
Ability to Communicate Effectively
Progress Note Documentation
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- DSP: 1 year (Required)
- Valid Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Products – Resources – FAQ – Blog
Provide and maintain an acceptable driving record.
Available to work weekend hours as well as attend after work meetings.
Have access to and ability to use a computer, printer, internet services, flash drive and other necessary items and equipment to produce electronic program documentation/paper work.
BS degree, QMPH A/C/T licensed
Must also have a minimum of two years experience providing direct services to clients with a mental health diagnosis.
Supervisory experience is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
clinical: 1 year (Preferred)
Foundation for CareNorth Chesterfield, VA
Get fresh Direct Support Provider jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.