Title: Project Engineer
Part-Time Variable: 6 to 10 hours per week
Looking for a licensed civil engineer with 10 to 60 years experience to provide on site structural engineering assessments and simple repair plans/calculations to home-owners who are concerned about structural damage to their biggest investment, their house.
This position requires a traveling position to people's homes.
This position is a 1099 position for now with no benefits.
- Provide structural engineering assessment of structural conditions of house for foundation repair of residential wood-framed homes that have experienced foundation settlement. You will be trained on causes and effects of foundation settlement, type of construction, type of geotechnical issues, and methods of calculations for these.
- Travel to house to provide assessment.
- Assessment and discussion with client should be < 1 hour at house.
- Sketch house floor plan (not to scale), and mark up sketch with locations of cracks in interior and exterior. We have a standard form that will be used for the sketch and for keynotes to label evidence of issues at the house.
- Take photos.
- Give sketch & photos to Principal Engineer for him to design retrofit of house.
· Communication via email and/or text is expected to coordinate during the design process.
· For additional information on underpinning, check out our website www.foundation-engineering.com and www.supportworks.com and click around.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of concrete, steel, and wood structural design per CBC and referenced codes.
· Familiarity with wood framed homes is a plus, but not required. I can teach you if you are not versed in wood.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in structural engineering design required.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering (structural course work emphasis).
- PE license with 8 years of structural experience.
Job Time Commitment & Wages
- $200 per house for the site assessment, sketch, photos. This includes drive time around the Sac area. There is no hourly wage as its $200 per house.
- You will get 1 to 3 houses (on average) per week to assess.
- Each house takes about 1 hour to sketch and label. If 30 minutes each way is the drive time to and from the house. That is 2 hours of work (including drive time) per house.
- 1 to 3 houses per week = 2 to 6 hours per week (including drive time).
- We schedule the appts for you and will do our best to group them together or make them work for your schedule. All you have to do is show up at the house and present the business card. Saturday and Sunday appts are also possible if you want those times.
- This is a freelancer / independent contractor role. This job is on a per project basis for the pay, not hourly.
- There are no benefits.
- Candidate may work from home or wherever is preferred.
- There is no office at the location of this business.
- Ideal candidate would live in the Bay area (northern region) or Sacramento Area as those are the main geographic hubs where the houses are.
- If meetings are required to go over items on a project, a face to face meeting is preferred. If not, skype or other platforms can be used.
- Interviews/Training will be conducted virtually via google meet.
- Initial training for 4 hours will be paid @ $50 per hour.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will also be considered in a manner that is consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and/or any other similar ordinances as required.
Send all resume’s and requests for additional information to Jeremy@foundation-engineering.com.
Why Work Here?
Because its flexible.