Automotive Technician Apprentice
The Technician Apprentice position performs vehicle service and repair work as assigned in accordance with dealership and factory standards. The Technician Apprentice position is responsible for acquiring the technical knowledge and skill to efficiently and accurately repair vehicles while working alongside an assigned technician to learn to perform quality vehicle service maintenance and repairs.
***Training available to become a Master Technician!!***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn diagnostics procedures as directed by the Mentor or Management Team
- Assist in the diagnosis of vehicle malfunction and repair; determine any additional needed repairs.
- Complete tasks as directed by your Mentor including quality control steps
- Communicate with the parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Notify the service advisor immediately if additional repair is required or not needed.
- Notify the service advisor immediately if repairs can’t be completed within time promised.
- Document all work performed on the RO including recording cause of failure.
- Maintain the highest possible standards of workmanship; perform quality checks.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean and are only driven for business purpose.
- Keep shop area neat, clean; must account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Stay current in the latest diagnostic methods and service techniques across a number of brands; stay informed of latest bulletins, service manuals and other service publications.
- Participate in service training activities; attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Communicate regularly with service advisor/dispatcher to confirm repair order information and diagnostic information.
- Meet customer service standards by achieving ‘above district’ customer service information “CSI” scores.
- Follow established safety protocols; report any shop equipment in improper working condition; immediately report safety incidents.
- Understand, keep informed of, and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA right-to-know.
- Safeguard dealership assets and customer data.
- Complete required training assigned through the company training portal.
- Adhere to consistent and reliable work schedule.
- Demonstrate ethical business practices and integrity in all interactions to uphold the Foundation Automotive brand.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 6 months working in the automobile industry
- Enrolled in mechanical vocational trade school or equivalent experience required
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Successful completion of pre-employment screening
- Authorization to work in the USA
Foundation Automotive - Foundation Chevrolet CadillacWheat Ridge, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.