Senior Software Engineer (Platform) Fully Remote Available
Foundant Technologies Bozeman, MT
- Posted: over a month ago
Foundant is hiring for a Senior Software Engineer opportunity with a focus on skills and experience in building out modern, distributed, modular systems in a cloud native environment. This position will be working on our Platform team to build out a microservices architecture to satisfy the needs of the business for our client-facing and internal systems.
The successful candidate will have at least 10 years of software engineering experience working on incrementally more difficult problems over that time, ranging from simple bug fixes to complex logic and design problems. We are looking for someone who can challenge the norm, solve problems (new and old) in innovative and elegant ways and bring experiences and expertise that can up-talent our team as well as learn from us along the way. As a Senior Software Engineer, we would expect you to train, mentor and assist younger team members in their growth path.
We are looking for an exceptionally strong team player that understands the dynamics of building enterprise class software solutions in a decoupled but cohesive environment. The provided solutions must be resilient, self-healing, extensible, scalable and can stand the test of time as Foundant grows over the next 5-10 years.
You will be building solutions ranging from simple services to complex domain-driven contexts in a cloud native/DevOps environment using atomic, scalable and high quality microservices. A “nice-to-have” set of experiences would include having migrated legacy systems to a new architecture over time and the complexities that this endeavor entails.
As part of our engineering team, you will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining the functionality of Foundant’s products, ensuring coding standards and best practices are followed, and contributing to our efforts to improve internal processes. You will work with our product team to understand new functionality requirements and priorities and will also work with our architect and Director of Engineering to understand current and planned architectural and strategic product direction.
Experience Areas (the more of these you have, or can speak to, the better) :
- Development experience in one or more of the following languages:
- .NET Core (C#)
- SOLID Principles
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and No-SQL persistence approaches
- Strong working knowledge of microservices development and relevant technologies such as orchestration, service discovery, service gateways and proxying in a cloud native environment
- Understanding of building distributed systems
- Containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- DevOps culture and its importance in building distributed systems
- Building large-scale microservice solutions
- Architecting and building service API’s
- Using an Enterprise Service Bus to solve problems
- Working in a Lean-Agile Engineering environment
- Strong Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Strong iterative delivery experience in an agile environment
- Analyzing, diagnosing, proposing and implementing solutions to user problems
- Microservice application development experience
- Cloud Native delivery with one or more public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- CI/CD delivery
- Infrastructure as Code (TerraForm/CloudFormation)
- Working with a Product Organization to design solutions
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to facilitate resolution of issues across teams (inside and outside of Engineering)
TechnologyView all jobs at Foundant Technologies