Fostering Media Connections (FMC) – a national nonprofit news organization focused on children, youth and families – is excited to find the right person to increase its market share and profitability.
The Account Manager’s primary role is to maximize already sizable subscription and sponsorship earnings for FMC’s publications:The Chronicle of Social Change and Fostering Families Today.
The Chronicle is FMC’s flagship daily news site, covering child welfare and juvenile justice news nationally. Since its inception, The Chronicle has published nearly 4,000 articles on issues impacting children, youth and families. Last year, Chronicle stories were picked up 900 times from outlets including CNN, Time, The Atlantic, Washington Monthly, The Atlanta Journal Constitution and many other newspapers, radio stations and television outlets across the country.
Fostering Families Today (FFT) is an award-winning bi-monthly print and online magazine that is distributed to over 30,000 readers – all foster families and kin caregivers. FFT resource families are educated about the latest developments in trauma-informed care, and provided with an opportunity to earn continuing education credits to retain their foster family licenses.
The Account Manager works closely with government and private agencies to provide these resources to employees, foster families, advocates and other key stakeholders. Understanding the complexity of the child welfare system as well as the need for sensitivity to families’ needs is critical to succeeding in this role.
Without reservation, FMC and its two publications are doing more than any other media outlet in America to illuminate the needs of children, youth and families involved with the broadly defined child welfare and juvenile systems.
Take a look at the full job description below, and if you feel like you are the right person for the job, send us an email with a cover letter and resumé.
Position: Account Manager, FTE
Company: Fostering Media Connections
Location: Remote, or Downtown Los Angeles, CA
Compensation: Base Salary + Bonuses
Fostering Media Connections (FMC) is a nonprofit news organization that uses a mix of investigative and accountability journalism to shine a light on the systems that serve vulnerable children, youth and their families.
We report and produce our own coverage, which is published in The Chronicle of Social Change, Fostering Families Today and special issue magazines. Beyond producing stories, FMC employs an aggressive dissemination strategy to see its stories re-published or referenced in other media outlets.
Position Purpose and Summary
The Account Manager’s primary function is to sell subscriptions to and sponsorships in FMC publications by building relationships with public and private entities across the nation. The Account Manager is also responsible for securing sponsorships for special events, single-issue magazines and webinars.
· Networking within child welfare, foster family agency, and adoption communities
· Proactively approaching prospective clients through phone calls, emails and in-person meetings on a daily basis, ensuring an active pipeline of at least 50 prospects at all times
· Captures and keeps client information up to date in Salesforce by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with clients
· Responsible for subscription and sponsorship renewals and achieving renewal retention goals for current and new FMC publications
· Provide clients with proposals for sponsorship products or services
· Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing clients
· Travel to and exhibit at conferences and events, as needed
· Advise FMC team regarding advertising packages and pricing
· Collect artwork from sponsors
· Deliver sponsorship or illustration proofs to clients for approval
· Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, media kits, and sales contracts
· Identify potential clients to offer sponsorship and subscription opportunities
· Conduct national research to gather information on prospective clients
· Create and maintain a database of prospective and current clients
· Track developments in the field related to child welfare print and online publications
· Enroll agencies in subscription/sponsorship products, including the creation of user accounts
· Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts
· Ensure print mailing lists are kept current
Skills & Qualifications
· Must be able to travel periodically to conferences, events, meetings with clients
· Must possess strong communication skills
· Must demonstrate initiative
· Must have strong organizational skills
· Must demonstrate self-confidence and sensitivity when communicating with potential clients
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (or similar software)
· Bachelor’s degree required
· At least 5 years’ experience in sales or related
· General knowledge of the child welfare, juvenile justice, mental health systems a plus
Compensation and Benefits
The Account Manager will earn a base salary of $45,000 to $53,000, depending on experience. They will have the opportunity to earn quarterly and year-end bonuses based on performance and total sales.
Fostering Media Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. FMC does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind in the workplace. Applicants of all ages are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cover letter describing why you want to join our team and your resumé to email@example.com.