Class B CDL Fuel Driver
- Posted: 7 days ago
About Foster Fuels
Foster Fuels is a multi-award-winning, diversified business competing on a local, national, and international level. A family-run business since 1921 providing residential, commercial, agricultural, transport, and emergency fuel service, our "say yes" culture has led to the development of industry-leading innovations and techniques that are unsurpassed.
Our mission is to exceed all expectations of a fuel company by redefining industry standards and pushing the limits of performance in innovation. We anticipate and fulfill evolving customer needs as we strive to provide superior quality service, products, and experience. We maintain an affirming environment with a "say yes" attitude anchored in honesty and respect. We are more than a fuel provider; we are Foster Fuels.
Foster Fuels serves our nation in the delivery of fuels. The 10-Wheeler Fuel Truck Driver is a seasoned driver whose job is to deliver fuel to customer destinations and provide exceptional customer service. Foster Fuel Drivers are responsible and required to ensure their equipment is properly maintained and all records and reports required for DOT and Corporate compliance are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives truck locally or regionally to load, deliver, and unload fuel products as required.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skill in maneuvering the vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, or in tight loading/unloading areas.
- Abides by all company, DOT, State and Federal transportation safety regulations.
- Conducts daily pre-trip and post trip equipment inspections for defects and safe operating conditions; submits a daily vehicle inspection report on the condition at the end of each day.
- Performs basic preventive maintenance to ensure fluid levels and tire pressure are maintained.
- Maintains records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including driver logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records and other records required by Foster Fuels or state and federal regulations.
- Ensures that all shipping documentation (bills of laden, weight tickets, etc.) required to move with shipments are available for inspection, that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipments when delivered, and that signed proof of delivery tickets are turned into dispatch daily.
- Reports all accidents/incidents involving driver or company equipment immediately after an incident occurs to the
- Promptly reports any delays due to breakdown, weather or traffic conditions, or other emergencies. Also reports if there is more than a one-hour delay in getting unloaded or loaded, or in the event of irregularities relating to pick up or delivery of fuel.
- Requires Class "B" Driver's License with H & N endorsements
- Requires one-year minimum experience as a commercial truck driver
- Must have a current DOT physical examination card and clean DMV record; and maintained during the duration of employment.
- Must be familiar with local travel in and around the central Virginia area and neighboring counties and cities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences.
- Ability to complete simple calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure, whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to graph hours of service driving logs.
- Must be able to travel overnight for up to 2 week periods at a time.
- Previous fuel industry experience.
- Physical Requirements include sitting and driving for extended periods of time up to 8 hours with a break or a total of 11 hours in any one day and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- 401k matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Uniform Allowance
- Monday to Friday
- Home Daily
- Rotating Weekend and On-Call Schedule
- Safety Bonus
- Sign-On Bonus
- Referral Bonus
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.*
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Foster Fuels