Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
- Responsible for his/her respective hatchery and for meeting department goals and standards on quality, yield, productivity, cost and safety.
- Directly responsible for the development and training of all employees, working within the guidelines of good employee relations and company policies and procedures including safety, environmental and animal welfare.
- Administer to ensure that safety orientations and safety/ general meetings are held as required to keep frequency and severity to a minimum.
- Supervision of the hatchery maintenance person, making sure all preventative maintenance is done on all equipment on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the scheduling and supervision of the chick truck drivers to ensure the safe and timely delivery of chicks.
- Contribute to the testing and development of techniques and processes.
- Defining areas of opportunity to maintain and grow the business, through the process of Capital projects.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Three (3) years prior supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of all hatchery procedures, including yield, quality, productivity, sanitation, and safety.
- Highly motivated with knowledge and experience to analyze situations and make sound decisions.
- Must adhere to bio-security and disease control policies.
- Strong math aptitude.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational, and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to submit and pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.