Foster CM Group, a highly respected firm, offers a progressive culture where work-life balance is particularly important. We work as a team and strongly encourage mentorship by entertaining new industry innovations collaborated between staff to further everyone’s skills successfully. Our firm has a long history with multiple repeat clients based on our outstanding performance.
Founded in 1992, Foster CM Group, Inc. has been providing Program/Construction Management services to Aviation, Education (K-12 and Higher Education), Government (City, State and Federal), Healthcare, Sports & Entertainment, Transportation, and Water/Wastewater clients for more than 27 years. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, Foster CM Group has additional offices in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston, Texas; Orlando, Florida; Phoenix, Arizona; and Seattle, Washington.
Our continued growth has generated a need with our firm for a Construction Program/Project Manager in Orlando, FL.
Under general direction, is responsible for planning, developing and implementing one or more moderately complex construction projects. May exercise supervision over assigned staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interpret legal and construction documents and administer contracts.
- Manages the design, development, and implementation of projects to include, but not limited to gathering and defining the project requirements.
- Manages identified project quality objectives and assess project progress.
- Facilitates project meetings; communicates individual roles and project expectations; ensures all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Reviews and asses project schedule, including monitoring project milestones and critical dates to identify potential risk to project schedule; recommends ways to resolve schedule issues; keeps team current on any changes.
- Assist in resolving design and constructability issues using standard construction practices.
- Assesses variances from the project plans; makes recommendations and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and sound judgement to settle disputes and negotiations between parties.
- Conducts formal quality assurance reviews during construction and upon project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Regularly meets with client to confirm client expectations and report project status.
- Provides the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with owners, sponsors, project team members, and contractors.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Construction Management, Architecture and/or Engineering, or a related field.
- Certified Construction Manager designation highly preferred.
- Multiple years of construction project management experience is essential.
- Advanced understanding of construction documents and construction contract administration
- Knowledge of safety standards and construction activities means and methods.
- Positive service-oriented attitude.
- Able to communicate construction progress clearly and concisely, orally and written.
- Able to interpret engineering drawings, specifications and inspection instructions.
- Knowledgeable in use of computers and applicable software per position/job duties.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving/analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and conditions that are associated with construction and development projects.
If you are looking for a great new opportunity to build your career with a leading program/construction management firm, please visit our website, learn about us, and see the types of projects we have managed.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with the position of interest and location in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foster CM Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.