PROJECT MANAGER - K-12 EDUCATION
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Project Manager – K-12 Education
San Antonio, tx
Foster CM Group is currently seeking a talented Project Manager in the San Antonio, Texas area for the K-12 Education market. Candidate must have 7+ years’ experience and should have broad experience in all aspects of managing construction projects.
Candidate will plan, direct and supervise all operations included within the scope of the project from pre-design through close-out. Must be able to perform constructability review or provide value-added comments on design drawings and documents and manage designer, project scope, budget and objectives per the direction of the Client. Candidate will review designer invoicing and percentage complete as it relates to the schedule. Must be able to manage the project contractors, determine compliant and non-compliant work and review pay estimates, change orders, RFIs, schedule review, percentage complete. Candidate also should have a strong knowledge of contract negotiations. The qualified candidate will manage multiple projects and lead the overall project, including technical, financial and client satisfaction.
- Accountable for the coordination of all project activities on a day-to-day basis
- Must have a thorough understanding of the responsibilities to both the company and the client as set forth by the contractual agreement
- Ensure that projects are conducted within budget and on schedule
- Interface with clients on schedules, meetings and issues
- Advise senior management of the project status on a regular basis
- Anticipate potential schedule or priority delays and initiates plans for alternative actions
- Close out project within Client expected time-frame
- Negotiate critical and controversial issues with top-level architects, engineers and officers internally and externally
- Ensure that QA/QC procedures are being implemented and followed at all phases of a project in accordance with Quality Assurance Program procedures
- Coordinate all contracted parties to ensure successful project completion
- Manage project risks, contingency plans and develop proactive action plans
- Coordinate and support safety activities on projects with client's representatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years related experience/technical background to include K-12 or higher education and vertical building projects and elements such as MEP, Fire Protection and LEED
- Experience having managed mid/large, complex projects from design concept through construction completion
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong technical skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and their applications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Responsive to changing demands
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player mindset and loyal
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with Program team members
- Excellent communication, both orally and in writing
- Ability to successfully interact with supervisors, client, designers, and contractors on a daily basis
- Ability to independently manage a project from pre-design through design phase, construction phase and commissioning to final close out (cradle to grave approach)
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- LEED AP or some sort of LEED accreditation
- Preferred Certified Construction Manager
- Green-Building Project experience
- Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) or alternative delivery on Higher Education projects
- Experience with use of industry standard AIA Construction Contract Documents
- Experience conducting design/constructability reviews
- Experience negotiating zero-sum outcomes, thus mitigating change-orders
- Experience in educational projects; renovations and ground-up construction; and multi-project assignments a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving machinery & mechanical parts, uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to loud noise, and outside weather conditions.
The physical requirements must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Intermittent unassisted sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, stooping, crawling, pushing and lifting is required. Must be able to walk and/or stand for prolong periods of time for at least eight hours per day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move light equipment up to 50 pounds without assistance. Must be alert to equipment in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, ability to walk on uneven ground while physically maneuvering construction sites, ability to work in extreme temperatures or humidity, and potentially work at heights.
- Possession of a valid state of residence driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Daily travel to and from construction sites, generally within 100 miles from the home office is expected. Short term, out of town, assignments may be required. Long term, out of town, assignments may be required, with advance notice of planned dates.
- May be required to work protracted and irregular hours to meet client’s needs, including nights, overtime and weekends.
- All positions at Foster CM Group require an applicant who has accepted an employment offer to undergo a background check. Background checks may include, SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal background check, fingerprint verification, and/or drug test. All employment offers are contingent upon successful results of required background checks.
About our Firm
Foster CM Group, a highly respected firm, offers a progressive culture where work-life balance is particularly important. We work as a team and strongly encourage mentorship by entertaining new industry innovations collaborated between staff to further everyone’s skills successfully. Our firm has a long history with multiple repeat clients based on our outstanding performance.
Founded in 1992, Foster CM Group, Inc. has been providing Program/Construction Management services to Aviation, Education (K-12 and Higher Education), Government (City, State and Federal), Healthcare, Sports & Entertainment, Transportation, and Water/Wastewater clients for more than 27 years. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, Foster CM Group has additional offices in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston, Texas; Orlando, Florida; Phoenix, Arizona; and Seattle, Washington.
If you are looking for a great new opportunity to build your career with a leading program/construction management firm, please submit your resume and cover letter with the position of interest and location in the subject line to email@example.com.
Foster CM Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that Foster CM Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex (gender), age, disability, national origin, genetic information, or sexual orientation. All individuals are encouraged to apply and compete for jobs.
Foster CM GroupWhy Work Here?
Foster CM Group is growing its team in multiple locations and offers a great work environment and benefits!
Foster CM Group (FCMG) is a Program/Construction Management firm founded in 1992. FCMG has successfully served in markets such as: Government, Educational (K-12 and Higher Ed), Aviation, Water/Wastewater, Healthcare, Transportation, and Sports/Recreation.
AddressSan Antonio, TX