Construction Inspector - Aviation
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Construction Inspector - Aviation
Foster CM Group is currently seeking a Construction Inspector with aviation runway and taxiway and/or transportation experience for the Seattle area. Candidate should have 3 to 10 years field experience inspecting airfield runway and taxiway projects (i.e., concrete, drainage, grading and lighting, etc.) or roadway and coordinating with geotechnical consultants. Candidates must also be capable of passing background screening for Airport Operations Area (AOA) badging and must be capable of obtaining AOA vehicle movement certification.
Per the client's policy (Ex-29), the work will require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Conducting construction observations to ensure compliance with the projects plans and specifications, attend construction progress meetings, attend pre-work conferences, review quality assurance and quality control testing, review submittals, review and log requests for information, log and forward Engineer’s supplemental instruction, review change proposals, review pay applications and recommend for payment (with engineers approval), review and monitor construction schedule, prepare FAA monthly progress reports, assist engineer with substantial completion activities, review operation and maintenance manuals, and review and attend project closeout activities including final engineer’s report and the upkeep of as-built drawings as required by the Owner.
- Preparing civil/soil quantity take-offs; documenting quantities of materials used on the project by actual measurements and computations in a field notebook or computer printout
- Up-keeping project record drawings
- Coordinating schedule for testing labs; ensuring that all testing required by the specifications is being performed; ensuring that tests are performed at the frequency stated in the specifications
- Reviewing test reports and certifications for conformance with specifications
- Maintaining a file of test reports and certifications
- Informing the contractor and Airport of all non-conforming work
- 3+ years of experience as a construction inspector on aviation or roadway projects; alternately, will consider CMIT recent graduates
- Experience with providing constructability review comments
- Must be capable of passing background screening for Airport Operations Area (AOA) badging.
- Must be capable of obtaining AOA vehicle movement certification
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Proactive thinker, being able to foresee construction problems and concerns before they occur
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- ACI Certified
- Nuclear Gauge
- OSHA Safety Training
- Good computer skills; prior experience with SKIRE
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving machinery & mechanical parts, uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to loud noise, and outside weather conditions.
- The physical requirements must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Intermittent unassisted sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, stooping, crawling, pushing and lifting is required. Must be able to walk and/or stand for prolong periods of time for at least eight hours per day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move light equipment up to 50 pounds without assistance. Must be alert to equipment in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, ability to walk on uneven ground while physically maneuvering construction sites, ability to work in extreme temperatures or humidity, and potentially work at heights.
- Possession of a valid state of residence driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Daily travel to and from construction sites, generally within 100 miles from the home office is expected. Short term, out of town, assignments may be required. Long term, out of town, assignments may be required, with advance notice of planned dates.
- May be required to work protracted and irregular hours to meet client’s needs, including nights, overtime and weekends.
- All positions at Foster CM Group require an applicant who has accepted an employment offer to undergo a background check. Background checks may include, SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal background check, fingerprint verification, and/or drug test. All employment offers are contingent upon successful results of required background checks.
About our Firm
Foster CM Group, a highly respected firm, offers a progressive culture where work-life balance is particularly important. We work as a team and strongly encourage mentorship by entertaining new industry innovations collaborated between staff to further everyone’s skills successfully. Our firm has a long history with multiple repeat clients based on our outstanding performance.
Founded in 1992, Foster CM Group, Inc. has been providing Program/Construction Management services to Aviation, Education (K-12 and Higher Education), Government (City, State and Federal), Healthcare, Sports & Entertainment, Transportation, and Water/Wastewater clients for more than 27 years. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, Foster CM Group has additional offices in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston, Texas; Orlando, Florida; Phoenix, Arizona; and Seattle, Washington.
If you are looking for a great new opportunity to build your career with a leading program/construction management firm, please submit your resume and cover letter with the position of interest and location in the subject line to email@example.com.
Foster CM GroupWhy Work Here?
Foster CM Group is growing its team in multiple locations and offers a great work environment and benefits!
Foster CM Group (FCMG) is a Program/Construction Management firm founded in 1992. FCMG has successfully served in markets such as: Government, Educational (K-12 and Higher Ed), Aviation, Water/Wastewater, Healthcare, Transportation, and Sports/Recreation.