Be a part of a diverse, inclusive, exciting team! FosterAdopt Connect works with children, youth, and adults as they navigate the complexities of the child welfare system. Join us in changing the lives of foster children one family at a time.
Job Summary: As a member of the financial team, the Staff Accountant reports to the CFO and will promote FosterAdopt Connect's mission and assist the CFO in overseeing the fiscal functions and management of FosterAdopt Connect. The Staff Accountant will assist the CFO to define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth over the next 5 to 10 years. S/he will continue to assist the CFO to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial, accounting and legal.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Review financial statements for accuracy and legal compliance.
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly.
- Reconciles customer accounts and assists the Billing and Accounting Specialist to manage accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual and periodic audits.
- Prepares IRS Form 1099s for all eligible vendors and file appropriate reports with the IRS.
- Assist in preparing agency's annual form 990.
- Generate annual depreciation for all capitalized assets. Prepares fixed asset schedules for the annual financial statement audit. Reconciles fixed asset system balances to the general ledger.
- Assist with the tracking and reporting of grants.
- Work with the leadership team to develop the annual budget.
- Participate as an active team member with all agency departments (i.e. attend meetings as assigned, ensure availability of residents for scheduled on and off campus appointments, etc.) so the agency's efforts to assist clients and maintain licensing/contract/COA standards are coordinated for maximum effectiveness.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled internal and external meetings and training.
- Maintain strong, open communication with direct supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Full-time, exempt position.
- Health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life coverage options provided.
- FosterAdopt Connect pays 100% of long-term disability and life insurance premiums and 50% of health insurance costs. Additionally, we offer a match for a 403(b) retirement plan. We also provide access to dental insurance and short-term disability for purchase.
FosterAdopt Connect does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its programs or services. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and members.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
Recent (within last five years) accounting and financial-management experience, including the finance of a high-growth $2 million to $10 million organization (preference given to nonprofit experience).
Extensive knowledge of QuickBooks is a must.
Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development.
Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required.
Outstanding organizational and planning skills.
Ability to perform accurate and timely work in an organized and efficient manner with minimal direction, under stressful situations and short deadlines. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, and to deal effectively with outside entities and the general public. Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee information.
Ability to gather data, analyze information and prepare reports.
A positive can-do attitude.
Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented while meeting all de
Foster Adopt Connect, Inc.