Adult Education Navigator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We Do Great Things! Join FSC & Unleash Your Potential!
Are you looking for more work-life balance? At Forward Service Corporation, we value our employee's professional and personal expectations. We have recently added Juneteenth to our holiday list, totaling 12 paid holidays in a year! Our generous PTO accrual and paid holdays allow our employees to manage that work-life balance.
Forward Service Corporation (FSC), a passionate, not-for-profit firm that strives to provide exceptional customer service in employment and training related services to local, state and federally funded program participants. Our non-profit firm is seeking one full-time Youth Education Navigator. The home office is flexible to one of the following offices: Baraboo, Fond du Lac, Green Bay, Janesville, Jefferson, Madison, Oshkosh, Shawano and Wausau.
The Adult Education Navigator will be a coordinator, case manager, and liaison for education services for program clients, with the primary goal of supporting the completion of High School Diploma, equivalency degree, and/or other job skills/vocational training programs. They will be a resource for W-2 program adults in finding ways to increase education and training opportunities, and for enhancing engagement toward educational attainment. Adult Education Navigators will work closely with program Case Managers to help clients understand the best education options, and will also work with local school districts, Technical Colleges, businesses, human service providers, and training providers, to coordinate education and training services, and lay the foundation for future opportunities and successes.
PRIMARY DUTIES INCLUDE
- Conduct an initial assessment and explore the options available to meet personal, financial, education, and employment goals.
- Provide Coaching (meetings, sessions, classes) for participants preparing to enter an educational program, and ongoing Coaching for those who have entered programs.
- Understand the Education System (Literacy Options, Adult Basic Ed, Post-Secondary Ed) and processes for enrollment/engagement.
- Make appropriate referrals (i.e. CARE Network) to community agencies and programs that are offering assistance, guidance, support services, and opportunities for education and training.
- Work in concert with both FSC Case Management staff and Skills Instructors as participants are preparing for and entering into GED/HSED, JST classes, or College programs.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree with study in job related area or equal experience in areas such as: Teaching, Tutoring, Instructional Aid, Vocational/Career Counseling Technician, or similar service, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to successful pass criminal background check.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Forward Service Corporation offers a competitive wage for this full-time, non-exempt position with a starting rate of $21.09/hour. This full-time position is Monday-Friday, includes an excellent benefits package, a phenomenal 401(k) plan, as well as an excellent Paid Time Off (PTO) bank and 12 paid holidays!
FSC is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and promotion, without regard to age, ancestry, arrest or conviction record, color, creed, handicap or disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or membership in any reserve component of the United States or state military forces.
HealthcareView all jobs at Forward Service