- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluating the performance of wireless networks and creating plans for improvement.
- Researching radio waves and designing new devices.
- Installing and repairing equipment.
- Developing plans for creating new wireless networks.
- Coordinating with manufacturers and other businesses to develop products.
- Inspecting equipment and making adjustments to meet federal regulations and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree 7+ years’ experience with experience with 4G LTE, 5G, C, C++, Laboratory experience, and Linux.
- Candidates may have any of the following certifications Internet Protocol Engineering Professional, International Association for Radio Telecommunications and Electromagnetics Engineer, Registered Communications Distribution Designer, Certified Telecommunications Network Specialist or Certified Wireless Network Administrator
- Minimum of 7-10 years of industry experience developing real-world products or systems
- Hands on experience on multiple air interfaces standards for wireless communications: TDD/FDD One of cellular standards: 5G or 4G or 3G or similar - TX and RX line up analysis and calculation
- Hands on experience with RF de-sense for both RX and TX - Design experience with some of the following: - RF low noise amplifier (LNA) - RF power amplifier (PA) - RF frequency synthesizer analysis / design (PLLs) - RF impedance matching (Smith chart) - RF filter design (lumped element and/or distributed) - RF modeling of sub-circuits and/or full system cascade analysis using ADS - Interfacing with microcontrollers (I2C, SPI, UART) - Circuit Design with high-speed A/D and D/A converters (serial / parallel) - High speed printed circuit board techniques –
- Experience with at least one schematic capture / PCB layout package such as Mentor Graphics and/or Cadence - ESD protection for RF circuits Desired Skills: -
- Experience selecting, specifying, and ordering RF components - Experience managing a product through FCC compliance and/or type acceptance testing –
- Experience developing automated testing suites to verify hardware performance - Programming experience (C / C++, Labview, HPVEE, Python, Matlab, VHDL / Verilog, or others) –
- Experience ordering PCBs and working with contract manufacturers - Experience in wireless communications industry (cellular and/or software-defined radio experience a big plus) –
- Experience with OFDM digital modulation schemes - Ability to develop trouble shooting guides and to effectively train factory technicians - Proficient at utilizing simulations tools such as Agilent ADS, Matlab, HFSS, CST and Eagleware –
- Experience with Agilent and Rhode & Schwarz RF test equipment Additional Job Requirements: - BS or MS in Electrical Engineering -
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Free Training and Certifications
Forward Edge AI
AddressSan Antonio, TX
ManufacturingView all jobs at Forward Edge AI